hifinutt

Shindo Latour speakers

I think the 30W max power might be putting people off, or maybe the wardrobe stylee.  Or maybe the £26K...

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

26K and the dealer did not bother to do as he put it a simple fix of the scratch ? Sorry these probably sound awful , they certainly look awful and I find nothing in them that would make me think I should pay 26k for them . As for the seller , avoid like the plague if he is too busy to do a simple repair for a pair of 26k speakers good luck with any hope with cheaper equipment .

Edited by bencat

Posted (edited)

Kind of 'Anti-chic' design?

30 Watts is plenty if sensivity is +90db.

But, is the sound THAT good? (Though Field Coil units reputedly are very detailed and fast)

On same page, 'Pass Rushmore' speakers look intriguing! Multi Built-in Pass amps and all.

- and no French Polisher needed!

Edited by Hornucopia
addition

Posted (edited)

Apparently, they start at $29,500 new, so £26k for a second hand scratched pair seems a bit steep.

Edited by It Cost How Much!?!
  • Upvote 1

AFAIK the $29000 is the 'basic' variant. The ones in the ad have the Altect field coil drivers, and of course therefore all the power supplies. The ad states £50k new, which wouldn't surprise me.

I've never heard a pair, but field coils can be pretty special and they're always very high efficiency so 30 watts would be uncomfortably loud.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hornucopia said:

Kind of 'Anti-chic' design?

Indeed - I've seen commodes that look more aesthetically appealing...:shock:

I don't get the looks either, but that's par for the course for 'serious' Japanese speakers it seems. There is definitely a fondness among Far East hifi enthusiasts for the mid twentieth century look.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rabski said:

I don't get the looks either, but that's par for the course for 'serious' Japanese speakers it seems. There is definitely a fondness among Far East hifi enthusiasts for the mid twentieth century look.

like,er.....? M15-20th.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hornucopia said:

like,er.....? M15-20th.jpg

That has a real Art Deco look to it.

5 hours ago, Tony_J said:

That has a real Art Deco look to it.

I'll take a pair please.  Would be right at home in beautiful Napier - the Art Deco City.  

11 hours ago, rabski said:

Apparently Tannoys are popular there as well.