matt2007

FS: Korato V4 Valve Amp - EL84 Single Ended

Posted (edited)

I have decided to sell my Korato V4 amp. I bought it from Jack (Non-Smoking Man) 2 years ago.

Original sale thread here: 

Since then it has had very little use (approx 200 hours) as my current speakers are far too demanding. I bought a NOS pair of GEC JAN 12AT7WC tubes to replace the Mullards which decided to give up the ghost.

The amp can be used as a single input integrated as it has a volume control mounted on the top deck - this is how I use it. The sound of this amp driving my Kralk BC-30 speakers (90 dB/W, 8 Ohm) was wonderful - effortless with sparkling highs and plenty of drive. However, a change to Boenicke W5s (83 dB/W, 4 Ohm) last year proved to be too challenging.

Specification:

Power: 10 Watts per channel (as per Jack)

Tubes: EL84 x 4; 12AU7 x 2; 12AT7 x 2

Dimensions: 382 x 337 x 176 mm (W x D x H)

Weight: 13.5 kg

Price: £450

I live in sunny Brighton and am happy for you to collect from my front door or I can arrange for courier delivery at cost (approx £35 with insurance). I will need a bit of time to sort out suitable packaging. 

IMG-0717.jpg

IMG-0719.jpg

IMG-0722.jpg

Edited by matt2007

This a lovely little amp for efficient speakers. Observers might be wondering howcome its single-ended but has 2 output tubes per side (which would normally indicate its a push pull design) . Its because its 'parallel single ended'. This gives it a little more output power.

Jack NSM

Thanks Jack for highlighting this aspect of the design. I believe this is the same arrangement used in the Audio Note Oto SE.

Super Wammer

Very nice indeed.

Super Wammer
On 28/06/2020 at 18:33, matt2007 said:

The sound of this amp driving my Kralk BC-30 speakers (90 dB/W, 8 Ohm) was wonderful - effortless with sparkling highs and plenty of drive. However, a change to Boenicke W5s (83 dB/W, 4 Ohm) last year proved to be too challenging.

You're sure you want to sell the amp rather than the speakers...?

:minikev:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer

This seems to be quite rare...

Stunning looker, lovely point-to-point wiring.

GLWS

Posted (edited)

Rare indeed - a perfect intro to class A sound. The valves are cheap to replace too.

Edited by matt2007
  • Like 1