Bigwig07

Problem with Chromecast Audio connecting to Tidal App

Posted (edited)

Hi All

I've had the CCA for a couple of years and a fine piece of kit it is too, but i've recently started to have problems.

I stream Tidal through my ipad and then connect to the CCA and it plays fine through my stereo. BUT then if I want to change tracks on the Tidal App, it seems to disconnect from the CCA and plays the new song through the ipad while the old song carrys on through the CCA ! So i'm listening to 2 songs at once !

I can occasionally reset by closing the app down and the going back int. But then tonight everything just froze, while still playing the old song through the CCA . Very annoying.

Any ideas ?

Edited by Bigwig07
typo

Possibly one or other device falling off wifi briefly - are they in a strong signal area?

If all ok there, have a look in your router settings - see if it has an option called IGMP Helper, IGMP Snooping or similar.  Also any settings with the name Multicast in them? Try toggling them.

@Bigwig07

No idea really :(

But try clearing the App cache (maybe an uninstall and reinstall if that makes no difference).

Also, do you ever turn the iPad off completely ?

ronnie

If it helps iPads can have too many apps in the background. Double click the home button to see how many.

On 28/06/2020 at 21:04, Bigwig07 said:

Hi All

I've had the CCA for a couple of years and a fine piece of kit it is too, but i've recently started to have problems.

I stream Tidal through my ipad and then connect to the CCA and it plays fine through my stereo. BUT then if I want to change tracks on the Tidal App, it seems to disconnect from the CCA and plays the new song through the ipad while the old song carrys on through the CCA ! So i'm listening to 2 songs at once !

I can occasionally reset by closing the app down and the going back int. But then tonight everything just froze, while still playing the old song through the CCA . Very annoying.

Any ideas ?

I had this happen to me last night with my CCA, however I also suffered this with a Uniti Star I had to demo, so think it might be more to do with Tidal than Chromecast. I find if I grab the currently playing song back to my phone and stop it I can play new and re cast to CCA. A bit of a ball ache admittedly 

I've reinstalled Tidal, switched off CCA, tried closing down other apps, kicked it in the side, and will try again this weekend

Definitely a ballache. I've spent thousands on upgrading my hifi and it doesn't work properly

No, your HiFi works fine. And if Tidal were generally flaky the noise here and in other stream related forums would be deafening. Your issue is the CCA. I am not sure how to fix it, or even if it can be fixed but that is where your focus should be.