Sign in to follow this  
deadflagbrews

Couriers again

I have an amp to return for refund, but it has a glass screen. I’m tempted to go with Royal Mail Special Delivery with extra cover and can’t see that glass is prohibited. Does anybody know if I’d be covered for breakage please?

Super Wammer

I would suggest contacting whoever your returning it to and get them to state in writing who they're happy for you to use, or even better get them to book and pay for it.  That way if it turns up buggered it's they're fault not yours, and up to them to chase for compensation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Agree with Lurch and ask them to arrange courier.  That’s what a Wammer did with me once.

If you have the original box then it should be ok but it depends on the amp. 

2 hours ago, deadflagbrews said:

I have an amp to return for refund, but it has a glass screen. I’m tempted to go with Royal Mail Special Delivery with extra cover and can’t see that glass is prohibited. Does anybody know if I’d be covered for breakage please?

No glass is not covered 

Super Wammer

I’m sure Naim ship them all over the world in the original packing.  But you could always buy a larger box and pack the gap with polystyrene chips.  Double boxing gives extra protection.  

FWIW my Linn Sneaky, with no glass, got to Vienna within 48 hours with DPD, as recently requested by my buyer.  I’d use them again, and he paid the insurance premium.  I double boxed it. E9DC5EBA-EF2C-4C5E-883A-81CC53093BE3.thumb.jpeg.d805fb3be881b35f4ecfcd9eb8c4ce45.jpeg

Edited by Nopiano
  • Like 1

I Double Boxed a pair of Apa7.5 and sent them insured at value UPS to Northern Spain. They were there within a day and untouched. Amazing! 

I've found couriers loose items far more oftern than damage them. Imho I would keep schtum about the glass, it gives them an excuse not to honour the insured amount irregard of what they damage. 

Valves should be packed separately from the instrument, rolled up in tissue and bubble wrap if there are any in there though. (Unless they're Nuvistors)😁😁

• Like 1

Super Wammer

As you often say you have to say as you find . I have sent a number of items by DPD both Local and straight . I have also had a numbers of items sent to me using there service. To date none have arrived damaged and they have all been delivered and collected in the one hour window that they give you on the day . I like this service over any others I have tried and dislike UPS the most for their poor ability to act or even give information when things go wrong . As noted this is just my expereience and i quite happy to accept that i may just have been lucky .

• Like 1