Freddyflybuttons

Light weight headphones - on or over ear..?

I want a pair of really light headphones for occasional use - the best (in terms of comfort) I've ever had were those yellow Sennheiser ones from way back in the '80's maybe. 

I guess wireless might be nice, but not essential. Obviously sound quality is not going to be up there with the best, but It would be nice if they sounded ok. 

Budget - kind of open, but ideally under £100 - I'm happy to buy secondhand.

So, what would you suggest ?

Thanks for any help !

Posted (edited)

If you want really light I'd look for another pair like those ones. The later silver ones sounded better I'll look up the model numbers (my first pair of headphones, I saved up for a few months when at school :D ). The foam will have perished but hopefully you can get replacements as Sennheiser are good like that. I'll report back with model numbers.

Edited by Lawrence001
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here you go HD480s. These are cheap but the padding on the headband has been removed. It usually perishes and again there may be replacements available from Sennheiser. They sound nice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254611544141

Edit: I think these pads will fit, haven't found the headband foams yet.

Sennheiser Replacement Foam Earpads - 053241 - hifiheadphones.co.uk
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-replacement-foam-earpads-053241.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwxev3BRBBEiwAiB_PWDMa4ZjZB4lcFe7sZK5JfgHa5CQzpZJQIlWm2jKQ4gKdxacLw630-xoCv9MQAvD_BwE

Edited by Lawrence001
  • Like 1

I purchased these to try and am very pleased I did. Detailed and the bass is not overpowering, but tight and fast. They are light and comfortable, the tension on the earpads is quite light. Whether you go for these (made in China) or the 701's made in Austria I don't think you'd be disappointed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K702-Open-Back-Reference-Headphones/dp/B001RCD2DW/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=3NYVDFXFCHIWR&cv_ct_cx=akg+702&dchild=1&keywords=akg+702&pd_rd_i=B001RCD2DW&pd_rd_r=04d48dac-d0f9-4390-ac7f-f798fc2c0977&pd_rd_w=zqNJL&pd_rd_wg=p2hju&pf_rd_p=366aa664-e85a-48db-9783-01420b557151&pf_rd_r=D9YY7K870FGEGPQNXM5H&psc=1&qid=1593512148&sprefix=akg+702%2Caps%2C191&sr=1-1-c8b680f7-0dc9-4abe-aa5a-ccfde0ac07ae

• Like 1

If you do go for for there's a pair of Q701s for sale on one of the usual forums, here,Pfm or AoS.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

b&o form 2 headphones

So light they are practically non-existent - sound is very clear and open, but a bit bass light, with no deep bass.  I like them.

Lots of colours to choose from.

1016bo.promo_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

B&O BeoPlay Form 2i Blue Headphones - Bang & Olufsen ...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If you want extremely light, and even wireless these are not bad, they wont be like the Senns from the 80s but you get music, you even get some frequency adjust with them. I was using them today they are ok and cheap.

I really like lightweight phones as it usually transfers to better comfort. Unfortunately as things get better they usually get heavier.

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/rewind-wireless-retro-headphones

Rewind_Black2_658c725d-651b-4711-a086-b7

Edited by eddie-baby

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.