Leem

Speechless

14 minutes ago, Ron Hilditch said:

Did you buy a DIY Hypnosis kit?  If you did could I borrow it?

A what?

ETA.

I've been drinking sorry!

No, I might need it again!

Edited by Leem
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Leem said:

It's got worse, I mentioned heading to fanthorpes to listen to a few things. Her response? 

"Yep, go on, we can afford it"

I think I've died and gone to heaven.  Short list so far, Cyrus One Cast for my garden Room, new chord DAC, new closed headphones for when she wants to be in the music room, and potentially a pair of JBL L100s or Klipsch Heresy.

What's even more remarkable is she only listens to music when she's running her fitness classes, she doesn't understand "listening to music" as an actual activity

'Appy days!

I concur on the Cyrus One Cast.I love a bit of Cyrus myself with some nice warm KEF speakers. That said, some PMCs work well with Cyrus too.

4 minutes ago, Big Fat Gaz said:

'Appy days!

I concur on the Cyrus One Cast.I love a bit of Cyrus myself with some nice warm KEF speakers. That said, some PMCs work well with Cyrus too.

I've got an old 3i I'm currently running and thinking of part-exing, currently run through a pair of neat petite, which are amazing little speakers, although need to be near a wall or with a sub for best performance

2 minutes ago, Leem said:

I've got an old 3i I'm currently running and thinking of part-exing, currently run through a pair of neat petite, which are amazing little speakers, although need to be near a wall or with a sub for best performance

Sounds very reasonable to me. I love the clarity of the Cyrus. Sorry, I'm not able to help with small speakers. Mine are monsters - KEF 107/2. Wife acceptance factor = non existent (normally) Fully accepted by mine. Anything less than a metre tall are considered headphone speakers.

I don't want small speakers, I want to swap my pmc fb1s for something a little more exciting.

They're incredibly fast and precise (imho), but they're not that engaging, hence why I want to try JBL and klipsch

• Like 1

great idea leem , and spend it before she changes her mind , my mrs didn`t want me to sell my arc pre amp ... wish i had listened ! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

great idea leem , and spend it before she changes her mind , my mrs didn`t want me to sell my arc pre amp ... wish i had listened ! 

God, sensible women. Don't you just love 'em.

Jen knows exactly what I spend on my audio as I am always honest about prices...well nearly always honest...well not exactly but very close...well close....well not too far off.......:o

Anyway change the thread to I have £100K to spend on audio and I like JBL/Klipsch speakers what should I buy!!!! That'll get a few responses. ;)

We love spending other people's money.

Speakers the big JBL 4362 or Klipsch AL5s. and.....

How do they do that? You get the 'I don't know about audio, you should not have sold your ARC amplifiers.' And she is exactly right and spot on....

Edited by George 47
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, George 47 said:

God, sensible women. Don't you just love 'em.

Jen knows exactly what I spend on my audio as I am always honest about prices...well nearly always honest...well not exactly but very close...well close....well not too far off.......:o

Anyway change the thread to I have £100K to spend on audio and I like JBL/Klipsch speakers what should I buy!!!! That'll get a few responses. ;)

We love spending other people's money.

Speakers the big JBL 4362 or Klipsch AL5s. and.....

If I was going to spend that sort of money I'd probably start by changing my listening room.

1 minute ago, Leem said:

If I was going to spend that sort of money I'd probably start by changing my listening room.

Well get to it.....

These once in a lifetime opportunities only come up...once in a lifetime. Oh, I thought you were serious.

Just now, George 47 said:

Well get to it.....

These once in a lifetime opportunities only come up...once in a lifetime. Oh, I thought you were serious.

We moved house and insisted I had a garage.

We now have a garage, a kit car, a dedicated music room, a second music room (for my instruments), a room for my driving simulator and we're building a pub in the garden.

And now she's said I should upgrade my hifi (both systems)

Whichever way you look at it, I win

• Like 2

On 30/06/2020 at 20:39, Leem said:

It's got worse, I mentioned heading to fanthorpes to listen to a few things. Her response? 

"Yep, go on, we can afford it"

I think I've died and gone to heaven.  Short list so far, Cyrus One Cast for my garden Room, new chord DAC, new closed headphones for when she wants to be in the music room, and potentially a pair of JBL L100s or Klipsch Heresy.

What's even more remarkable is she only listens to music when she's running her fitness classes, she doesn't understand "listening to music" as an actual activity

I don't either , Is sitting down a activity :D

Woman's having an affair. You're better off spending the money on a private detective to find out who with. Hopefully not your best mate but could well be if she thinks it's worth 100k to cover it up.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

Woman's having an affair. You're better off spending the money on a private detective to find out who with. Hopefully not your best mate but could well be if she thinks it's worth 100k to cover it up.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

My wife can't cope with me, no way she'd be bothered with another man! 

Not unless they can run half marathons regularly anyway 😉