bencat

Raspberry Pi 4 LMS vs Raspberry Pi 4 LMS with pimped LPSU

Super Wammer

Given the much twisted and turned thread on the 2 Channel regarding doing this test on the Node 2 I have decided to take it on to look at the same thing with my Raspberry Pi 4 4GB LMS unit . Mine will be nothing as thorough or expensive as the Node thread . It is purely my intention to replace the wall wart power supply (Raspberry Pi approved white one ) with a cheapish (well under £100) home constructed LPS unit . There will be no back to back tests , nor will there be any blind testing . In fact probably all that will happen is that I will unplug the wall wart and plug in the new LPS unit . I will then turn on the  Raspberry Pi 4 LMS and forget about it again . I will not be listening for differencesand I will not be making any claims over changes or not in sound quality in fact I will be just thankful if it works. Why am I doing this ? Well because I can .... :minikev:

• Haha 2

Super Wammer

Andrew have you built the LPS? 

• Like 1

Is it built yet? You’ve had nearly an hour!

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

No you two know me well enough to know that i do not have the skill . I have had it built at huge expense (not) and it should be with me by the end of the week . I will thin delay a suitable period say two years and then report back .

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bencat said:

I will thin delay a suitable period say two years and then report back .

2 years...? Not NEARLY long enough for a proper power-supply pimping thread Andrew...:nup:

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Have you done it yet? Have you, have you!!  :D

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

No as in the real thread I have had to wait to get the new power supply which will be only posted on Friday . So likely to be next week . In the mean time the current wall wart is sounding as lovely as ever and I am not expecting there to be even a scintilla of change when I swop , but I will be sure to forget to tell you all anyway ,

• Haha 1

I’ve refreshed this page every ten minutes since I woke up this morning! 🤓

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, bencat said:

No as in the real thread I have had to wait to get the new power supply which will be only posted on Friday . So likely to be next week . In the mean time the current wall wart is sounding as lovely as ever and I am not expecting there to be even a scintilla of change when I swop , but I will be sure to forget to tell you all anyway ,

When you get, can I borrow it for a few weeks 😊

Edited by greybeard
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, greybeard said:

When you get i, can I borrow it for a few weeks 😊

If you borrow it, I wonder if merely owning it will make Andrew's system sound better...?:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Super Wammer

It will make my system sound better but only if you only have it but never plug it in and return it . Then again if you have it and use another wall wart power supply will that make the LPSU sound even better when you return it ? So many things to consider.

Edited by bencat
  • Haha 1

Probably the best upgrade of all would be to forget the whole PSU thing and spend the money on a nice bottle of single malt...:pint:

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, Tony_J said:

Probably the best upgrade of all would be to forget the whole PSU thing and spend the money on a nice bottle of single malt...:pint:

Schhh do not tell anybody that there are some 95 pages that are stil going strong :yeah:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bencat said:

Schhh do not tell anybody that there are some 95 pages that are stil going strong :yeah:

Strong. Cambridge Dictionary:

1 powerful; having or using great force or control... no
2 effective; of a good quality or level and likely to be successful... seriously?
3 skilled or good at doing something... don't think so
4 if a taste, smell, etc. is strong, it is very noticeable or powerful... now that's more like it

• Haha 1

...as in the BS is strong. Definitely.