pidge22

Qobuz Failed To Load Content/Kazoo

Hi all... am using the latest version of Kazoo with my Qobuz Studio Subscription sreaming through a KDSM/2 ,I have recently have noticed that a number of New Release Albums I try & play on Qobuz through Kazoo on both my Macbook Pro & Ipad are coming up "failed to load content"...when I sign in to Qobuz & play through the web streaming ap they play fine..

any ideas thanks....

Edited by pidge22

For the most part, I've been unable to play Qobuz on my DSM for the past few months. I sent an email to Linn. I spoke with someone at Linn back in March about this. He said he's having the same problem. It is known, so we may just have to wait for a solution from Linn.

7 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Thanks for this I am not the only one having this problem!

1 hour ago, akamatsu said:

For the most part, I've been unable to play Qobuz on my DSM for the past few months.

Personally I haven’t seen any issue with streaming from Qobuz until last Friday. It would be interesting to know which albums failed to play for you prior to last Friday and if I can reproduce the issue here.

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

As a workaround, you could use the Lumin app on your iPad.

Or go to Tidal until Linn/Qobuz resolve the issue.

£3 for 3 months.

https://try.tidal.com/offer/?reg=uk&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImtGxnLuq6gIVUomyCh2lxgUeEAAYASAAEgI79vD_BwE

Do you have the 3euro for 3 months in Germany?

Edited by SnapperMike

25 minutes ago, SnapperMike said:

Do you have the 3euro for 3 months in Germany?

I haven’t thoroughly checked if this teaser is available in Germany. Having said that, using Tidal isn’t an alternative to Qobuz for me due to MQA.

16 minutes ago, BB1 said:

I haven’t thoroughly checked if this teaser is available in Germany. Having said that, using Tidal isn’t an alternative to Qobuz for me due to MQA.

True, but you'll still get 44.1/16 until Linn and Qobuz speak to one another.

Edited by SnapperMike

55 minutes ago, SnapperMike said:

But you'll still get 44.1/16 until Linn and Qobuz speak to one another.

My current workaround is either using the Lumin app or Roon for albums failing to play in the combination of Linn’s DSs, Qobuz and Linn’s control points.

It might sound snobbish, but given my current system, do you really think that I care much about what I’m paying for Qobuz, Roon or Tidal once a year? Currently im paying 299 € for my Qobuz subscription. If paying only 1 € per month for Tidal in the long term, I’d save 287 € per year. If, and only if, Tidal’s price tag of 1 € per month will remain the same for nearly the next 50 years, my savings due to subscribing to Tidal instead of Qobuz would allow me to buy me another KEB/1. And if my goal are 10 Solos, it would take about 350 years to save the required money by subscribing to Tidal instead of Qobuz…

I dislike provider that are not transparent about their services.

Tidal does not publish the cost and type of their services but rather immediately requests an email (and I guess credit card data) for the free month. Only hidden in some FAQs the price is mentioned. 

The price for the service is a basic information I expect to be found easily, just compare Qobuz website. Very transparent, very easy to get information about the subscription. For me that is reason enough not to consider Tidal.

Linn reply: 

I have asked our engineers to investigate the issue.  They suspect we will need to make changes to Kazoo and the new app to resolve them.  This will require a new version of Kazoo and the App to be released once the fix has been applied.  This is due to some changes made by Qobuz.

Please bear with us while we get this issue resolved.

Interesting observation.

Of the albums that cannot be loaded under "new releases", you can still hear the individual tracks, if you first select the ARTIST (e.g. Marcin Wasilewski Trio) and then search the TRACKS from that Album "Artic Riff" (88.2 kHz / 24 bit).

20 minutes ago, Peter_P said:

Interesting observation.

Of the albums that cannot be loaded under "new releases", you can still hear the individual tracks, if you first select the ARTIST (e.g. Marcin Wasilewski Trio) and then search the TRACKS from that Album "Artic Riff" (88.2 kHz / 24 bit).

That is interesting. BTW, I was keen to hear his recent Arctic Riff album!

Another workaround for albums that cannot be loaded
For Kazoo on PC: 
Go to the 3 dots under the album and then select "PIN". Then save this album temporarily on one of the 6 PINs.

For Kazoo on tablet:
Mark an album (long press), then go to the 3 dots on the top right and select "PIN"....

Edited by Peter_P
  • Like 1