pidge22

Qobuz Failed To Load Content/Kazoo

3 hours ago, Carl E said:

Still waiting for Linn app 4.2.10 to appear.   Version 4.2.9 crashes on my (aging) iPad but oddly enough not on my iPhone, so I have reverted to Kazoo.

If Linn 4.2.9 crashes, but Kazoo 4.13.65 doesn’t, it’s most likely not related to the regression mentioned in the release notes. Thanks to what Willem mentioned, my educated guess what the really vague term "certain nonlinn devices" actually means is "certain" non-Linn streamers. Obviously both apps are affected by the presence of his non-Linn streamer. Only Linn could tell if their cryptic release notes actually refers to streamers only, although saying "devices". Besides that, it would be much better to explicitly name affected devices known to cause the issue instead of  writing "certain". In the context of release release notes "certain" actually means "uncertain"…

Personally I can’t remember when I’ve seen the last crash of Kazoo on my iPad mini 4, but I’m seeing crashes quite frequently if using the Linn app. 

Posted (edited)

I have contacted Linn Helpline and they suggested I de-install the app and install from new, which did not help. Nor did turning the DSM off and back on again.  My DSM is the only Linn device in the network (apart from  my Majik Exaktbox-i).  My iPad is 4th generation running iOS 10.3.3

The Linn app consistently crashes a few seconds after attempting to launch. 

Edited by Carl E

14 hours ago, Carl E said:

I have contacted Linn Helpline and they suggested I de-install the app and install from new, which did not help. Nor did turning the DSM off and back on again.  My DSM is the only Linn device in the network (apart from  my Majik Exaktbox-i).  My iPad is 4th generation running iOS 10.3.3

The Linn app consistently crashes a few seconds after attempting to launch. 

I don't think that other Linn devices causes the problem, it's probably the non-Linn devices (streamers). Remember that also modern tv's and certain DAB+ radio's can act as a streamer. Try shutting down all possible devices and try Kazoo/Linn again. Otherwise use the Lumin-app of wait for the coming update of Kazoo/Linn app.

I have switched off all possible (and impossible) interfering devices, plus I have updated to version 4.2.10 of the Linn app, but still no joy.   

When I open the app, the “waiting for room” wheel spins for about 5 seconds and the screen goes black.  If I doubleclick the iPad to display the running apps, the Linn app is still there, but it crashes again when I attempt to open.  

I have also de-installed the app and downloaded 4.2.10 fresh.  When I then open the app it guides me through registration and selection of sources (Qobuz, Tidal, radio etc), but the same thing happens when I reach the “waiting for room” wheel.  The app crashes and the screen goes black.

Which iOS version is running on your iPhone? I’d guess it is newer than 10.3.3. Since the Linn app works on your iPhone but not on your iPad, it’s much likely that the Linn app dosen’t work correctly on iOS 10.3.3. As you’ve already tried everything I can think of, my only suggestion is to contact Linn’s Helpline again.

On 03/07/2020 at 23:03, Willem said:

Thanks for this info. I've been busy all day finding out what's going on. I have also a non-Linn streamer (Raspberry/Hifiberry/Volumio) which causes crashes within a few seconds after starting the Linn-apps. :$

Do Kazoo 4.13.66 and Linn 4.2.10 solve your issue?

16 hours ago, BB1 said:

Do Kazoo 4.13.66 and Linn 4.2.10 solve your issue?

Yeah, I used Kazoo with the non-Linn streamer. No problems so far. Didn't try Linn 4.2.10 yet but I guess this will work also.