Sign in to follow this  
Slightly Athletic

Wanted - Living voice IBX-RW speakers

Evening folks, I'm looking for a pair of the above speakers. All models considered.

Sorry to be choosy but I'm not interested in some finishes... eg Santos Rosewood but please get in touch with what you have. 

I have cash but have some gear that might interest in part ex deals.... Living Voice  IBX- R2's, audio note speaker cable etc.

cheers

There are a nice pair of OBX RW’s on PFM if you can accommodate the crossovers.

You know I love that finish Roy but you also know I don't have the room for the extra boxes🕵🏻

A better idea is .... for someone to upgrade & buy those knowing that I'm waiting in the wings to buy their IBX's 😉

Have you considered having the cross overs under the speakers 

I recall seeing a special stand that can do that 

Might be worth giving Definitive a call. They might be able to do you a deal on part exchange IBX-RW. When I got my OBX-RW recently there was some flex in pricing and were very helpful. 

17 minutes ago, flapland said:

Might be worth giving Definitive a call. They might be able to do you a deal on part exchange IBX-RW. When I got my OBX-RW recently there was some flex in pricing and were very helpful. 

I have considered that Paul and also thought about getting my R2's upgraded. They are a beautiful burr oak with no fading etc & I'd be lucky to find a finish I like as much. We'll see.

58 minutes ago, oneills said:

Have you considered having the cross overs under the speakers 

I recall seeing a special stand that can do that 

Just not suitable for the room they're in Shaun. I'd be interested to see that stand though

Suspect an upgrade is possible although no idea on pricing. However suspect if you have the cash the current climes put you in a good position.

Mine are burr oak although not as figured as some which is a shame.  

I can't see how crossovers under the speakers would work, because the base part of LVs is specifically designed to be hollow. I'd definitely suggest giving Definitive a call and seeing what they can offer. It certainly ought to be possible to upgrade the R2s to RWs, but how much is a different matter, and a part-ex might be more cost effective.

Thinking about it, could you not put RW crossovers next to the speakers? The OBX-RWs are wood finish to match the cabinets, so more than presentable.

Agree on the base/stand point Rabski. Also agree that it'll probably be easier on the wallet to part ex rather than upgrade with Definitive... still pricey though.

Thats why I'm checking out what's out there.....so......What's out there?🕵🏻

28 minutes ago, rabski said:

Thinking about it, could you not put RW crossovers next to the speakers? The OBX-RWs are wood finish to match the cabinets, so more than presentable.

I am aware of that Rabski but it's not the matching element. The speakers are in an open plan kitchen/Living room so I don't want the extra boxes and cabling.

Ah, fair enough. Good luck with the search... or the credit cards if you talk to Lynn and Kevin :D

A Friday night nudge

I have had many enquiries about the OBX RW’s and I didn’t realise that you were the same person that I had spoken to on PFM. I would not have posted the message here if I had known.

Absolutely no worries Roy, good luck with your sale✌️