szczemirek

FS: DENAFRIPS PONTUS R2R DAC

Posted (edited)

Denafrips Pontus "a true balanced, dual mono R-2R network array DAC. Each channel is equipped with independent high-speed FPGA to control the decoding by means of 4 sets of 0.01% R-2R networks. This design has very small linear error, high decoding speed, low digital noise, not only to ensure that the audio signal is low distortion, but also to ensure a very low background music noise; it allows the listener to enjoy the true music with dark background. The power supply is encapsulated in a thick metal alloy, equipped with dual o-core transformers, completely isolated super linear regulator, and a multistage power supply for digital and analogue sections, ensuring low noise, high availability power supply to the DAC."

Specification:

R-2R DAC Proprietary R2R + DSD Architecture
  True balanced 24BIT  R2R +  6BIT DSD (32 steps FIR Filters)
  Native DSD decoding with 0.01% precision resistors
  FEMTO Crystal 45.1548MHz, 49.152Mhz

Highlight Encapsulated Ultra Low Noise Power Supply
  Amanero USB Interface
  Ultra Low Jitter Digital Receiver AK4118
  Adaptive FIFO Buffer Reclocking

DSD 2.8224MHz(DSD1X) On All Input
  5.6448MHz(DSD2X), 11.288MHz(DSD4X) On USB & I2S Input Only
PCM 24bits / 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192KHz On All Input
  24bits / 352.8, 384kHz On USB & I2S Input Only

Digital Input Coax 1 via RCA
  Coax 2 via BNC 75 Ω
  TOSLink x 1
  AES EBU x 2
  USB
  I²S via HDMI LVDS / RJ45 LVCMOS

Analog Output RCA at 2.2Vrms, 625 Ω
  XLR at 4.4Vrms, 1250 Ω

Sampling Mode Non-Oversampling NOS
  Oversampling OS

AC Power Requirement 110-240VAC, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption ≤20W
Frequency Response 20-70KHz -3dB
THD+N 0.0025%
S/N Ratio 120dB
Dynamic Range >121dB
Stereo Crosstalk -110dB
Dimension 320 x 330 x 80 mm
Weight 8.5 Kg

Review:  https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/denafrips-pontus-dac/#:~:text=According to DENAFRIPS%2C the Pontus,0.01% R-2R networks.

I'm looking for £950 collected. Shipping is possible.

I'm first owner.

Thank you.

Clipboard01.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by szczemirek
  • Like 2

These are great DACs and Mirek has a nack of selecting and buying done truly musical equipment even if seemingly a little more obscure or not as well know to people, do some research guys this is a great unit!

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Would agree this is a very well reviewed and of course measured DAC. Wouls be really interested except for the collection part just a little too far away for me .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

file.png

VINSHINE AUDIO

We just received your order. Thank you!

The items you ordered will be dispatched as soon as possible. See you again soon!

Order No. 10486

Placed on May 30, 2019

DENAFRIPS PONTUS R2R DAC

Color: silver

I2S Interface: HDMI(LVDS)

Price: S$2,298.00 (£1.300)

Edited by szczemirek

Posted (edited)

They are the official global agent - based in Singapore. There are no UK dealers as far as I'm aware.

Edited by matt2007
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Just to clear this up as I asked the same question. The Denafrips website clearly states that Vinshine are the only official agent... but if you email Denafrips they will confirm that Willow Tree Audio are official distributor in UK. Clear as mud then.

Either way, this was bought new from an official distributor and is not therefore a "grey" import.

Good luck with your sale, Mirek.

If you have the original packaging, it's worth saying so. You may get interest from buyers willing to courier at their own cost and risk.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Just to clear this up as I asked the same question. The Denafrips website clearly states that Vinshine are the only official agent... but if you email Denafrips they will confirm that Willow Tree Audio are official distributor in UK. Clear as mud then.

Either way, this was bought new from an official distributor and is not therefore a "grey" import.

Good luck with your sale, Matt.

If you have the original packaging, it's worth saying so. You may get interest from buyers willing to courier at their own cost and risk.

I was not implying it was a grey import but I was concerned about the warranty. In UK the contract is with the dealer, not sure how it works if dealer is in Singapore. 

I have a Denafrips Terminator. The build quality is superb. Their products should prove to be reliable. 

Alvin at Vinshine is magnificently helpful. But, he is a long way away if it should need to be posted back for repair. The warranty is transferable.  

• Like 2

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BeeRay said:

I was not implying it was a grey import but I was concerned about the warranty. In UK the contract is with the dealer, not sure how it works if dealer is in Singapore. 

And I wasn't implying you were implying...

With no moving parts, this would be a long way down my list of reasons not to buy. Mind you, a good chunk of my hifi is 20+ years old anyway.

Good luck with your sale, Mirek.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, szczemirek said:

I have original box. Nothing special ;)

Does this make the DAC shippable?