Sign in to follow this  
rabski

WTD. Pair of half decent 845 valves

On the offchance that anyone has a pair knocking about... Nothing insane or crazy money, because I can't justify it. Not that I'd object to a pair of NOS 1930s RCAs but the budget would definitely not stretch, nor would the amp make it worthwhile. I have standard 845 graphites and 845Bs, but I'd like to try something with a little 'more': Ti, Nature Sound, WE if sensibly priced, that kind of thing. 845s either seem to fail in the first few days or are likely to outlast the insect species, so I don't care if they have a good few hours as they work OK.

Delivery times for new stuff are all over the place, so if you have something gathering dust at the back of the cupboard, send me a PM.

Absolutely no idea if this is a decent price or what you're interested in, but two Langrex premium here at £275 with 20% off

https://www.definitiveaudio.co.uk/stuff-list.html

Rather post than not !

Thanks Ian. I'd seen those, but I doubt they're anything that different to what I already have. Nothing against Langrex, as I've bought and sold quite a lot with them and they're excellent, but AFAIK their branded valves are fairly standard spec Chinese. I'd expect the 'premium' would probably be Shuguang 845B, which is the better 'cooking' type, but what I've already got.

A long shot really, as people tend to move up the pecking order a bit and keep the original 'standard' valves as spares. There are a few new options that aren't insane, but the issue at the moment is either long shipping times or disporportionate shipping costs.

Thanks Martin. Recent posting there I suspect, because that didn't come up before.

Sorted!