plasticpenguin

Poirot: What's the appeal?

Posted (edited)

I appreciate Agatha Christie's writing of these novel, but having watched a number of these dramatized versions, starring David Suchet (who's very good actor BTW) I just don't understand how a basic 'whodunit' story can be so popular.

No matter where Poirot is in the world, cruising on the Nile, in Rhodes, London, including his apartment block... there's always a murder. If anyone was going to commit such as crime would you do it in close proximity to one of the best private detectives? Nah.

The last 15 minutes of every bloody episode he always gathers the prospective suspects in one room. God, it's so predictable.

Why does he walk like he's just s###e himself?

What these stories need is a Colonel Mustard to crash through the door, as Poirot reveals the murderer and shout, "it was me, you dumb crud!" in a sort of Flashheart style.

Edited by plasticpenguin
  • Haha 1

The 'tash does it for me.:hom:

Believe it or not suchet recorded the whole bible on CD and my Mrs just loves playing them !! 

We went to agatha christies place in Devon and it's worth a visit 

I just think the TV series could have been more interesting if there was a hint of a Poirot and Miss Lemon relationship. Woof woof.

I'm a fan.

Jack

Slightly off topic, but just in case any of you hadn’t noticed, the wonderful Joan Hickson’s performances of Miss Marple are currently being shown on Drama Channel on Tuesdays. Her performances are without fault and perfectly portray the character.