On occasion, I visit IKEA, and have discovered a number of great items that can be repurposed  to an Audiophile’s needs.

Why pay audiophile prices, when you can go down to IKEA and buy your ODDLAUG’s, GUNSTIG’s, APTITLIG’s, LACK’s, KALLAX and DRÖNA’s

GUNSTIG’s and APTITLIG’s have both found a home as vibration control devices under most of my audio components, including my Linn electronics, my OPPO, switch , NAS and my power conditioners.

ODDLAUG’s look like they could be employed as acoustic diffusers and absorption panels.

LACK’s, KALLAK’s and DRÖNA’s may find a home with people who are looking for ways to store and organize their vinyl, as well as a shelf to place the LP-12 .

Have you tried any IKEA products for your stereo, or  found anything at IKEA that you have been able to incorporate into your HiFi system. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A £5.99 bamboo chopping board repurposed into a new Thorens TD150 plinth.

I find that an IKEA wine glass full of Cabernet/Merlot is an indispensable audio accessory...

On occasion, I visit IKEA, and have discovered a number of great items that can be repurposed  to an Audiophile’s needs. Why pay audiophile prices, when you can go down to IKEA and buy your ODDLA

Posted Images

Don't forget, IKEA offers its own variant of the Sonos speaker, the Symfonisk ;)

Edited by Tendaberry
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Tendaberry said:

Don't forget, IKEA offers its own variant of the Sonos speaker, the Symfonisk ;)

I had no idea that IKEA had teamed up with Sonos to produce the Symphonisk.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/wi-fi-speakers-46194/

I wonder if it can outperform my Linn, using the Symphonik Table lamps.

I find that an IKEA wine glass full of Cabernet/Merlot is an indispensable audio accessory...

• Haha 5
11 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

On occasion, I visit IKEA, and have discovered a number of great items that can be repurposed  to an Audiophile’s needs.

Paul, do you feel you need such an excuse?

If you want a meatball and lingonberry lunch, then just go for it.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
46 minutes ago, SnapperMike said:

Paul, do you feel you need such an excuse?

If you want a meatball and lingonberry lunch, then just go for it.

Mike.

Plus, Ikea in Richmond, BC has free EV charging! (Paul has an electric car. I heard he lined his tyres with Gunstigs to dampen the road vibrations.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have been trying to order a Lack table but always out of stock for deliveries. Looking at some of their cabinets and shelving also. I read their breadboards work well for isolating gear.

58 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I have been trying to order a Lack table but always out of stock for deliveries. Looking at some of their cabinets and shelving also. I read their breadboards work well for isolating gear.

Their Kallax range is good for record storage

• Upvote 1

I have the 5 x 5 IKEA Expedit for record storage and it is quite good.  It was the predecessor to the Kallax.

I don’t have a turntable at the moment so record storage in not required. I was looking the Besta and Kallax ranges, seem incredible value. No ikea near me so need to get everything in one order which is proving difficult at the moment.

Just added aptitligs with gunstigs courtesy of Paul’s advice. Already had the gunstigs between skeets and granite slabs. Also in between the granite slabs

479943f8f07b6a6599780a6f2b27e2f7.jpg

be4148012d298bc2f5d283843d153b7a.jpg
f000696faeb4430abe1f09617b24049b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ThomasOK said:

I have the 5 x 5 IKEA Expedit for record storage and it is quite good.  It was the predecessor to the Kallax.

That's about 1,000 LPs. I had the 3x3 Expedit when I was in Austin.

I think my tv stand that holds my center speaker perfectly is an older kallax model
648d23f6fe33c6b38a7c7cb1c5773132.mov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are in the UK, Dunelm do some decent products and are good value, next I will be buying one of these: https://www.dunelm.com/product/black-granite-trivet-1000009317?defaultSkuId=30073833

Ideal size under my tube DAC.

They also do these which may work, if not I will use in the kitchen: https://www.dunelm.com/product/red-silicone-trivet-1000027974?defaultSkuId=30111242

They do chopping boards in various materials and also cork mats.

Not sure wood is better than cork for isolation. 

• Like 1