IKEA, The Audiophile Store?

6 minutes ago, DavidHB said:

How long would it take you to listen to them all just once?

I've heard most of the records at least once.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DavidHB said:

And what would that cost in Kandid replacements?

I started with K5, K18, Benz Wood, Klyde, 2 x Akiva and now the second Kandid. With the Karousel the third Kandid is not far away :P

43 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

That'll be a lifetime, then. :) 

31 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

I started with K5, K18, Benz Wood, Klyde, 2 x Akiva and now the second Kandid. With the Karousel the third Kandid is not far away :P

I can well believe it. But losts of lovely listening. :^

47 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

It‘s a Keith Monks Mk. II on a IKEA „Lack“ Table.

A bit off topic, but, for those who don't recognise the name, this is "the" archive quality RCM, with a weird but effective small suction nozzle system using a sacrificial thread as a spacer. As it happens, I know Jon Monks, Keith's son, who took over the business after his father died, and has developed a number of new RCM products; he lives and builds the machines here on the Isle of Wight.. A friend and I share one of the more recent models; the friend will shortly be moving away, and I have ordered my own machine. Interestingly, Jon has found a means of retaining the small (and therefore effective) suction nozzle while dispensing with the thread spacer. Our current machine has been modified to this configuration, and it works very well.

David

Edited by DavidHB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is another application of IKEA products to improve the sound quality of a 3K array.

45 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

I love the look of your storage. The use of 4x2 and 2x2 looks very good, you have given me an idea. Cheers Ben!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben Webster said:

In the early year I used the IKEA „Axamo“ for my LP12. 

I store my records in IKEA „Expedit“. Unfortunately they don‘t sound good, so I have to move them in an extra room. The picture shows 1/3 of my records (yes, I‘m very proud of my collection 9_9)

B8EC7DF8-9AC0-4D99-ACEC-88C9CEE99B08.jpeg

I have visited Ben Webster's room where he stores all his vinyl. It is an extremely impressive collection

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think@akamatsu mentioned a pinboard from ikea that he uses as a diffuser behind his akubariks. He said it was originally mentioned on another thread but I can’t seem to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was in the Paul originated thread about room treatments/tweaks?

• 7 months later...

My accuphase pre (sorry I haven't got a LINN system) was placed on my wooden rack shelf by "floating" on a inner tube. So far so good.

Then a couple of days ago I bought the aptitlig (damn, I found only one left) and decided to try placing it under the inner tube, between inner tube and shelf.

I expected zero benefit, being under the inner tube (yes, just inflated not to touch the valve).

Well, it stays there! Sound definitely improved.

Time to go back and shop for other aptitlig for sources and power amp, and gunstig too! BTW, gunstig is the German for "cheap" ;)

Under speakers I tried some pieces of HEAT, as decouplers of course between floor and spike bases and I like them.

There are also some interesting glass jugs with cork caps to try...

Stefano

• Like 1

and meatballs, don’t forget their meatballs.

’troll

(IKEA still closed during lockdown in the UK)

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StellanH said:

Place four meatballs under the Trampolin feet for optimal decoupling

Some of us would consider that a waste of meatballs...

’troll

• Haha 1