bigrod

Wanted High End SACD player

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
On 22/07/2020 at 12:58, bigrod said:

“OH WOE IS ME”

My beautiful Sony SCD 777es has decided it’s had enough after 20 years ..What a machine !!!!!!!

It was sat on my rack at my old house all that time and never missed a beat .. But sadly it has taken the move to our new home a little temperamentally.. 

Loads then doesn’t load .reads the TOC then doesn’t read the TOC . Then it will say no disc Grrrrrrrrrr.

Well nothing is eternal and reading all the comments about the player on various forums it would seem I have been very lucky .. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment the 777 has given me and It would probably be madness to throw a lot of money at it... So I am looking for it’s replacement while I decide what to do with it in the future ..Might just keep it on display in the mancave as a testament to 20 yrs of Superb music making and engineering.. when all said and done it has cost me a couple of quid a week over 20 years ..that’s not even a couple of coffees at Costas .

To replace my baby is going to be a hard task as I’ve heard many players over the years and nothing has really come close ..As in all things sometimes you just get a “good un “where all the tolerances in the engineering , components and electrical bits and bobs just gel perfectly..
Anyway less of the reminiscing...I am looking for something else now ..

I would prefer to buy something from a Wam member as I’ve found most to be honest and passionate Gentleman and Ladies about their stuff as I am .

So what you got out there...my budget will be about £1500 . And I don’t mind collecting so long as it’s not on the outer Hebrides...And not black 

I wait in anticipation.

kindest regards Julian

Took my Linn Unidisk 1.1 to Darren at Class A in Sheffield who diagnosed dynamic power supply problem, back to Linn with a large cheque and unopened since it’s return - so, just a heads up for Class A http://www.hifi-repairs.com but if all else fails and you fancy it it could be available for purchase?

Edited by DocC

Have you demoed arcam cds50... Way under budget new... I put mine out into chord qutest and I'm impressed... Also can play dsf files off a USB stick. 

Super Wammer

I have a Marantz Ki Pearl which is SACD and one of only 250 But it is black.......

Beautiful  , how much is that going for ?

Super Wammer

I am rather loath to sell it but buying an Esoteric DV-50s has taken my silver disc playing to another level tbh and the Ki Pearl is so damn good I'll have to have a serious word with myself. 🥴🥴🥴🥴

• Like 1

16 hours ago, darthvadersdad said:

I have a Marantz Ki Pearl which is SACD and one of only 250 But it is black.......

It’s like selling the family jewels..😀Once gone it will be hard to get back ....

• Sad 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Mickyricky said:

It’s like selling the family jewels..😀Once gone it will be hard to get back ....

Thats so true! But in the back of your mind you know it needs to be played🙄

look forward to seeing the ad when it goes on 

• Like 1

PM'd you Julian

Super Wammer
On 30/08/2020 at 21:53, oneills said:

PM'd you Julian

Sometimes people’s notification filters are set differently so this might work better:

PM’d you @bigrod