robbie010

Good Wired In-ears on a budget??

Super Wammer

Its my wifes birthday coming up and she has asked for a set of wired, in-ear earphones as one of her gifts......

I'm not really up on earphones and the market is awash, can anyone comment on what would be a good pair of earphones with a budget of up to £100??

Thanks in advance

Just out of interest why doesn't she want Bluetooth? I was sceptical for years (when they were lower bandwidth) but I wouldn't go back now.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bose are good not cheap though. Noise cancelling are very nice and comfortable or the plain old non cancelling. I have both I really like both each have their place. Funnily the Mrs thinks they are amazing as well until I told her how much the noise cancelling ones were. I didnt lie that time :D But you can get bargains.

Super Wammer
On 23/07/2020 at 19:51, eddie-baby said:

Bose are good not cheap though. Noise cancelling are very nice and comfortable or the plain old non cancelling. I have both I really like both each have their place. Funnily the Mrs thinks they are amazing as well until I told her how much the noise cancelling ones were. I didnt lie that time :D But you can get bargains.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did a little research based on your recommendation and went with a pair of Bose QC20. A little over budget but they seemed to fit the bill perfectly. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robbie010 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I did a little research based on your recommendation and went with a pair of Bose QC20. A little over budget but they seemed to fit the bill perfectly. 

Good choice. Personally I think they are a great all rounder. I've had mine for many years and the battery still lasts for ages. They are a quality product if a little expensive. And the comfort is extremely high. My partner doesn't even like in ear phones or any sort of buds really but even she said they are just so comfortable, but their design isn't quite in ear rather in ear sit on ears. And maybe not the ultimate in high definition hifi but still a great all round listen. I've often thought if I had to get rid of all my hifi and be a complete minimalist, I keep those :) I like the non noise cancelling version as well. Those have maybe a bit more fidelity even but overall not quite as good. Even the ear tips seem softer on the QC20 even though they look and are supposed to be the same on both models I think.

They are a bit scandalous price wise though, new RRP anyway. But I've had my monies worth though the time I've had them and used them well. It's been money well spent though. I tried lots of others and we have lots of those new ipod bluetooth ones here as the kids are iPhones mad. I don't like those at all. Initially you put them in and think wow but after a while I find them most uncomfortable. The bose you can literally wear 24/7. 

I'm waiting for a bluetooth equivalent but they are very slow with it. They have other versions but they are not like the 20s. The BOSE sleep buds I want but which allow audio streaming, those only play soothing sounds while noise cancelling. The design is the next step though I believe. 

Posted (edited)

If you are really into music, I suggest you buy the Bose ones, it is worth the investment. It is always fulfilling when we buy products that are worthy of our peny. So glad to what I just recently purchased, the Eco Terra mattress https://bestmattressesreviews.org/eco-terra-mattress-reviews/. A very affordable mattress yet made from good and natural materials which makes it special.

Edited by Curmudgeon

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.