LP12 leveling

9 hours ago, akamatsu said:

ThomasOK said a few things about the Rega under the thread "New level (Leveling tool)" Check it out.

Thank you for pointing that post out.  Might be my next hi-fi purchase.   

• Like 1

I use a cheap plastic leveling "eye" that I put directly on the platter.

I have the Solid base board (metal variant) and IKEA Lack table.

Any leveling that is needed I accomplish by inserting a thin cardboard chip under one of the feet of the table.

The LP12 is usually in level if the table is.

On 30/01/2021 at 14:03, sktn77a said:

They do, and that's what they're there for.  However, some folks believe that sound quality is impaired if you don't have them screwed all the way in(?)

I would be one of those who believe it.  I'm not sure if Linn has ever put it in a printed document but most dealers I am aware of know it is the way to go.  I believe DebsE hit it right with the likelihood of movement between threads in the stud and the fitting in the foot.  Linn does put some kind of goop on the feet that holds them pretty solidly in place, you can loosen them up if you are careful.  I have had a few customers who found that after several years it is quite possible to rip the screw out of the rubber membrane by trying to adjust one that hasn't been adjusted before.  I keep spare Trampolin feet in stock because it happens from time to time.  One customer who broke one foot off purposely broke off the other three.  It told him he should have called me since I stock them.  It became a good reason for him to upgrade to a Trampolin 2 since four feet are about half the price of the T2.