Drop-out/stutter with analogue in on Davaar 77. Exakt only?

Solanum

Listening to my LP12 the last few days the sound is occasionally 'stuttering', just for a second or so. Goes quiet then comes back.  Couple of times of a side.

The LP12 connection is analogue, but I use an AEDSM, so it is digitised at point of entry.  I need to check more, but I think streaming is doing the same thing (haven't used this as much lately due to "Waiting for room" joy).  Thus I think it might be an Exakt problem.  I also think it may have started with the latest 77 firmware a few days ago, certainly it is recent/

Anyone else heard something similar?

I ignored it at first as I thought it was just a blip, but happened a few times now and can't by the record player itself.

Edited by Solanum
Edit of title to make easier to find

Hi - different setup here, with no Exakt (apart from Urika II, and as my LP12 is away at the moment I can’t check that) but no obvious issues with 77 here at all).

Mick

Hi Solanum,

yes, I’m experiencing this with an Exakt system, but wondered if it could be the ADC processing in the DSM that has been affected. I only updated Davaar to 77 this afternoon and noticed it straight away. I’m just looking at reverting to 75 (hadn’t updated to 76)

Glad (?) it’s not just me.

I’ll report it as a potential bug against 77 on the Linn dev forum

’troll

• Upvote 1

I'm running Davaar 77 and I have an Exakt system. No problems as of yet. I've spent four evenings with Davaar 77.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I'm running Davaar 77 and I have an Exakt system. No problems as of yet. I've spent four evenings with Davaar 77.

That might support my theory that the issue is with the ADC in the DSM as you have an Urika 2, so ADC is being performed there.

’troll

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moomintroll said:

That might support my theory that the issue is with the ADC in the DSM as you have an Urika 2, so ADC is being performed there.

’troll

I'll keep an ear out and report any relevant findings.

36 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

No issues here, both LP12/Urika 1 and streaming from NAS work fine with Davaar 77 so far (Klimax Exakt system).

Hi BY, 

you won’t have an issue streaming from your NAS as that come from the LAN and not into the analogue input. How long did you try listening to LPs? I heard it every couple of LP sides - it’s only a glitch, at first I thought I’d heard it skip a couple of grooves.

i reverted to Davaar 75 earlier this evening and have been playing LPs for over two hours without issue.

’troll

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Hi BY, 

you won’t have an issue streaming from your NAS as that come from the LAN and not into the analogue input. How long did you try listening to LPs? I heard it every couple of LP sides - it’s only a glitch, at first I thought I’d heard it skip a couple of grooves.

i reverted to Davaar 75 earlier this evening and have been playing LPs for over two hours without issue.

’troll

Thanks for the responses. I agree, it does seem more likely the ADC as I'm uncertain if I've heard it with streaming. I too thought it had jumped grooves at first, but it's happened several times now on records with no problem. Max is twice on one side. I haven't been able to do a huge amount of listening either, so must be fairly frequent.

I will follow you and switch back to 75.

Frustrating. Did you report it and that other users have the same problem?  If not I will file a report as well.

Edited by Solanum
correction

2 hours ago, Solanum said:

Did you report it and that other users have the same problem?

Yes, I flagged it on the Linn Development Forum.

’troll

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Hi BY, 

’troll

I listened to a couple of LPs (3-4) without issue. Will do further tests tonight.

Edit: I didn’t listen to LPs during the two days while 76 was installed on my system.

Edited by Baba Yaga

4 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I listened to a couple of LPs (3-4) without issue. Will do further tests tonight.

Edit: I didn’t listen to LPs during the two days while 76 was installed on my system.

Might be specific to AEDSM/Ak System Hub?

Nothing but trouble here since implementing D77.

Issues so far:

Streaming stops intermittently and fully until que is cleared

Playing off Nas - same-same.

Roon has trouble loading, etc, etc.

Even as a 'Beta' I'd say D77 was not ready to be tried on the public.

I guess I'm just extremely grateful Linn are not operating in a more vital sector of society than hi-fi kit😳

Edited by Clavius

17 minutes ago, Solanum said:

Just realised I was running 76, released July 21st, not 77 (released July 23rd).  I assume that is where the issue came in.  77 looks like v minor fix to 76

Highly possible. I skipped 76 and went from 75 to 77. I’ve gone back to 75.

12 minutes ago, Solanum said:

Might be specific to AEDSM/Ak System Hub?

No, I’m using a KEDSM.

11 minutes ago, Clavius said:

Streaming stops intermittently and fully until que is cleared

Playing off Nas - same-same

That’s very interesting and would rule out my theory of it being related to the ADC. I noticed it immediately after updating to 77, so my playlist was empty anyway and I was having an afternoon playing LPs.