vinyl4ever

New Vintage TT

Now I have sold my SONY PS 4750 and my Lenco L75 I have bought a JVC Y3F and looking for a 2nd unit.

Got around £550-600 to spend and would like the following features

Semi Auto (min)

Good Arm

VTA

Not hung up on brand but have had

2x Sony DDs

2 GL75s Idlers

Ariston Belt Drive

Currently using a vintage Sony STR 7055 with Kef / Celestion speakers

Any of you recommend something interesting to look at.

Thanks

Stew

Stewart

Find a nice Leak 2001 Transcriptor (note NOT the 3001 which was horrid). in mine and others opinion who have used them up there with the LP12. 

Only thing to look out for is to make sure none of the three silicone suspension bags are leaking. 

Only thing missing from your list is its not semi-auto but a fabulous rare and unusual turntable. 

Super Wammer

Lenco L78 seems an obvious choice if you liked your L75

I've always rather fancied the Revox B795, but they seem to have gone up in price a bit since I last looked

Technics SL-10 ? 

Fully auto (even upside down :) ), a heck of a looker, and with the 310MC cart sounds superb too.

Super Wammer

I think you need to seek help for your addiction .. you have a good selection of turntables already - I have to say if it was me in your shoes I would be tempted to get it down to three turntables at most (one with MM one with MC and one for playing Mono records).

Looking at the details in your profile you are using an AKAI AA1125 Receiver (25 watts a side) and a Trio (you do not inform us as to which model) and various speakers (none listed).   If your love is listening to music if it was me in your position I would spend £500 on a decent amp and a cheap streamer (you can get all the radio stations on the internet) .. in fact for under £400 you can get a Yamaha WXA50  which whilst not top notch is a good budget amp that will see off most of the Jap amps from yesteryear with an output of less than 30 watts per channel. 

If you love the old then find a nice Sugden A48 or even one of the more upmarket Yamaha Receivers from the 70s (the CR800 or even better the 1000) if you must have a receiver - which will give your ears a new lease of life