TIU

Steven Wilson's Yes remixes

Are the remixes only available in the box set or can they be bought separately? This Rhino reissue is from 2012 and the box set is by Rhino so I'm wondering if this is the Wilson remix and remaster. In other cases it usually states it's remixed/remastered by Wilson.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Close-Edge-VINYL-Yes/dp/B0096V5PPE/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2EDRP6SQA9CJS&dchild=1&keywords=close+to+the+edge+vinyl&qid=1596479962&s=music&sprefix=close+to+the%2Caps%2C194&sr=1-1

Posted (edited)

No it's mastered by Chris Bellman , Steven Wilson's CTTE is 2013 .

I think the vinyl were only released as a box set 2018 , although I not 100% about that .

Edited by Bazzer

I've got the box set, but AFAIK that's the only way. I don't think they've (yet?) been released individually. Bit of a sod if you don't want the rest, but I'll make it worse now by saying I have all the originals as well, and IMO the Steve Wilson remasters are better. On some tracks, significantly so.

I have all the originals too but all these god damn anniversary remasters are difficult to ignore. I keep telling myself to only buy albums I don't have in any format.

19 hours ago, TIU said:

god damn anniversary remasters are difficult to ignore

:whistle:

50189209546_aa90c5d2dd_c.jpg

I've got them all as well. Would like to see Yessongs getting the remaster treatment.

51 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

:whistle:

50189209546_aa90c5d2dd_c.jpg

The Steven  Wilson remix covers are different. I think only TFTO looks almost the same.

32 minutes ago, Bolosun said:

I've got them all as well. Would like to see Yessongs getting the remaster treatment.

I think the issue with Yessongs is that the original recordings are less than ideal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TIU said:

The Steven  Wilson remix covers are different. I think only TFTO looks almost the same.

They are the Steven Wilson 2013/2014 CD/DVD-A and CD/BluRay-A  special editions , the extra TFTO is a earlier remaster , the three larger covers are 7" style Japanese SACDs .

7 minutes ago, TIU said:

I  wonder why they didn't use the revised artwork on those.

Probably a rethink for the vinyl to make them special , the actual discs have some nice centres , I don't have any early YES CDs so can't compare but these are very vibrant and so I assume a new design .

7 minutes ago, zekezebra said:

Were the remixes ever available on C.D. I can only find vinyl or DVD.

See Bazzers post above.