NOW SOLD Krell KSA 100 superb example PRICE REDUCED

tidywires

Krell KSA 100 superb example  - a house move means I really won't have space for this beauty any longer. 

I've had 2 over the years and this one is a beautifully clean example, with me for the last 2 years and 6 months. Happily drives my DM70's and the JBL L100 reissues which are in situ at the moment. 

It has always been on the glass support (not included) to ensure, as near as is possible, no dust being sucked up into the fans. 

It goes without saying that it's a superb amplifier and I will regret selling it, however space being of the essence I will be pressing my PMC Cor into action... 

I don't have a box for this beast and at 40kg it would need a pallet to courier it and I think that any buyer would probably rather make this a collect only sale. 

Priced at £1400 ovno. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. 

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

Edited by tidywires
  • Like 1

Hi I will add photos of the internals tomorrow, regards John 

I can vouch for this amp being a "goodun". The PMC Cor that looks like an old Playstation ain't too shabby either. 

GLWS, John. ;-)

As for history I can only say I bought it from a guy living locally who had 3 of them driving Linn Isobarik's - he let me choose any of the 3 and I chose this one as it had no dings as far I could see, related to age of course. 

I haven't touched it other than to install it in my system, from where it hasn't move in 30 months. 

My experience with Krells is if it ain't broke don't meddle... internal photos to follow. 

Possibly a good deal here for someone who wants one and who can rebuild it themselves, even though there’s probably £500 or more of materials 

Does it have a (pair of) fans? How noisy is the transformer? I assume that it has no soft start or DC protection.

Edited by Howard

10 minutes ago, tidywires said:

As for history I can only say I bought it from a guy living locally who had 3 of them driving Linn Isobarik's - he let me choose any of the 3 and I chose this one as it had no dings as far I could see, related to age of course. 

I haven't touched it other than to install it in my system, from where it hasn't move in 30 months. 

My experience with Krells is if it ain't broke don't meddle... internal photos to follow. 

Agreed.I previously owned a Mint KSA50 Around 15 years ago paired with an Arc SP9. KSA100 has kinda been on my radar off and on ever since. 

For - Howard - 2 fans, giving very little noise unless you want to burn your ear... No transformer noise. Not sure about the soft start? I actually think does have a moment or 2 lag on switch on. As for Dc protection - again you seem to be the expert, so I bow to you on that one. Kind Regards John 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think it would have soft start or DC protection unless someone put them in - I’m not sure about that. And if the fans are really that quiet, they may have been replaced. It’ll be interesting to see the innards because someone may have serviced the amp, which would make it very attractive indeed (I’ve decided not for  me though, though I’m tempted,  I think having two Krells would be a bit self indulgent . . . ) 

Edited by Howard
  • Like 1

For the benefit of all viewers, I will photo internals tomorrow. I have just finished a listening session to sign of a white label album pressing - and I would rather let the mains voltage floating around inside the case die down until the morning... :) 

1 hour ago, Howard said:

I don’t think it would have soft start or DC protection unless someone put them in - I’m not sure about that. And if the fans are really that quiet, they may have been replaced. It’ll be interesting to see the innards because someone may have serviced the amp, which would make it very attractive indeed (I’ve decided not for  me though, though I’m tempted,  I think having two Krells would be a bit self indulgent . . . ) 

All original KSA MK1 amps had softstart built in the large brown on / off switch . If the original switch is still there .

Photos - of internal - I haven't dusted the fans, all is left as is, I've seen worse and the fans are quiet anyway. 

I can't see anything to indicate past component failure, no burnt tracks etc. 

I hope this helps, regards John 

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

And some more....

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg