Show us yer rack!

audio_PHIL_e

My OCD forced same swivel 90 deg.  Didn’t look right IMO. Too narrow & way too deep that way round. 

57 minutes ago, 2010*zuma said:

I still think for me I haven't set eyes on a better looking rack in the shorter set up you have it in... Marble base with 2 glass shelves with the smaller gaps... Low and purposeful looking👍

Here’s another user, ex-Editor of Hifi News, Steve Harris.  Closer pics near the end of the article. 
 https://www.hifinews.com/content/steve-harris

16 minutes ago, Ady said:

That BCD stand looks fantastic 👍 If it was mine I'd have to turn it 90deg so the two legs were at the front, but that's because I have OCD 😁

I can see what you mean!   Mine has always been this way round, with one pillar to the right - I couldn’t cope with it on the left!

• Haha 2

The missing pillar? 

Cost cutting😉...or Italian flair..🇮🇹

1 hour ago, Nopiano said:

Thanks for the caution!  Here’s a daylight picture taken last year with a bit more clarity...

73C0E8C7-5909-4EB3-97DE-5C0011EA188D.thumb.jpeg.19a111b912a1931c2851d7deba651cfc.jpeg

Wow...looks really lovely sir :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nopiano said:

I can see what you mean!   Mine has always been this way round, with one pillar to the right - I couldn’t cope with it on the left!

I'm glad I didn't notice that; I would have had to have the two legs to the right! Something to do with reading left to right and having the "weightier" looking side as a sort of visual full stop. In the same way I normally used to light a still life or pack shot photograph from the left. Of course, in your case, the situation is complicated by having two racks. 

Don't get me started on which side of the room a sub looks (and therefore sounds ;)) best.

A lot of my gear is rack-mount these days.  What I'd really love to find is a proper full depth 19in rack which looks good in a living room, has at least partially open sides, and is not crazy money.  Haven't done a lot of research.  I probably should.

Edited by MrLem

0E81868B-1C1C-4C01-A478-07D618EA110E.thumb.jpeg.166a2f7eb08dc6ad5a43e63d983a0d65.jpeg0F2CB802-BA7E-4DFE-961B-CDB349DE8072.jpeg.aa1a83087952d892f6837870c9025ba0.jpeg

2D21A927-1EF7-40D0-B400-D6EBAC4681DB.jpeg

Edited by robbyrtp
Numpty
  • Like 4

There you go bud 

AA22FDE4-2CE7-4D3E-8E6F-395666E0EF7E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers mate, it seems every photo I post on here does its own thing😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Having rationalised my system I’ve dropped my box count dramatically resulting in me being able to build this matching Cabinet to house my streamer & some choice vinyl. The streamer is sat on one of my magnetic levitating shelves. The active speakers do the rest. My TT lives across the room. 

597-CD792-B213-466-C-92-CD-6-C5-D6-AB5-F 7-C4-F7-A8-C-A6-BA-435-F-9945-88-D2-A068 866-EF020-16-A8-44-C2-A4-AF-277856-A495-

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

After a re-organisation, I ended up with the items that generate the most heat being on top. I also suspect that keeping LPs etc on the same thing as the turntable sits on is not really a good idea as you will end up disturbing playback while finding the next disc. What other considerations do people have when deciding what to put where?

DSC00226Resized.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audio_PHIL_e said:

What other considerations do people have when deciding what to put where?

Dusting.  Power amp, CD player and DAC are in the cupboard.  I get the feeling I'm an unusual case.

(That transformer could go in the cupboard too, thinking about it)

DSC_6960 (Medium).JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Very nice Mr Pink.