Show us yer rack!

audio_PHIL_e

"Upgraded" from IKEA Besta to M&S coffee table.

50856503022_67d59e39f9_b.jpg

hi fi rack by Tillman Kleinhans  ARPS EFIAP/g  DPAGB BPE4*  Hon LCPU, on Flickr

• Like 11

15 hours ago, tkimages said:

"Upgraded" from IKEA Besta to M&S coffee table.

50856503022_67d59e39f9_b.jpg

hi fi rack by Tillman Kleinhans  ARPS EFIAP/g  DPAGB BPE4*  Hon LCPU, on Flickr

Serious question. Did you notice any change in musical reproduction moving from IKEA fake wood to what appears to be solid wood? 

1 hour ago, DomT said:

Serious question. Did you notice any change in musical reproduction moving from IKEA fake wood to what appears to be solid wood? 

......couldn’t resist the obvious response - did the sound become more grainy 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DomT said:

Not really, I already had isolated/decoupled the TT and processor from the Besta as it acted as a big soundbox. I changed it because the Virgin box and Blu-ray player were inside the Besta and you could hear the HDD or disc tray when they were spinning, the Besta again acting as a soundbox as it had doors.

• Like 1

My Linn / Naim / Kudos combo on a Sim Rack. 

C2E805D7-F840-40CA-B9B5-399C8D10BFAD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My rack is nothing special purchased from trade furniture. I removed the bottom draw to allow both power amps, you can still see the wooden runners which hate. Each shelf I had to cut envelope slots to allow cable routes from each component. It’s a pig to move to get to the wall sockets behind the unit. I brought casters a couple of months ago to fit, however I might go for something bespoke instead like hifi racks products which look really nice. The LEDs need replacing.

E4FB0D28-D003-4418-BCEA-6F8A3BE22594.thumb.jpeg.c55f9dea2ee03a7baef4e88b7d968ab6.jpeg

6DF60050-182A-4D8A-A462-82703BDA116A.thumb.jpeg.e7c7303bd07dbfdaeb5b40b5644016ee.jpeg

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Beyond you said:

My rack is nothing special purchased from trade furniture. I removed the bottom draw to allow both power amps, you can still see the wooden runners which hate. Each shelf I had to cut envelope slots to allow cable routes from each component. It’s a pig to move to get to the wall sockets behind the unit. I brought casters a couple of months ago to fit, however I might go for something bespoke instead like hifi racks products which look really nice. The LEDs need replacing.

E4FB0D28-D003-4418-BCEA-6F8A3BE22594.thumb.jpeg.c55f9dea2ee03a7baef4e88b7d968ab6.jpeg

6DF60050-182A-4D8A-A462-82703BDA116A.thumb.jpeg.e7c7303bd07dbfdaeb5b40b5644016ee.jpeg
It actually looks like it was custom built around your system Matt very nice indeed👍

• Like 2

Now thats very slick and neat Jezzer it looks so balanced with the standmounts too nice👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jezzer said:

Thanks DVD. IIRC, Darth Vader didn’t have a dad... 😬

No he did'nt his mum states that when asked in the first episode The Phantom Menace she just found herself pregnant it must have been the midiclorens but he always wanted a dad so I thought I'd grant him his wish.

image.png

Edited by darthvadersdad
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

No he did'nt his mum states that when asked in the first episode The Phantom Menace she just found herself pregnant it must have been the midiclorens but he always wanted a dad so I thought I'd grant him his wish.

E3E1D9B0-53AE-44A4-BE9B-C3308592DE98.jpeg

Edited by Jezzer
  • Haha 1

On 11/08/2020 at 10:00, audio_PHIL_e said:

@bencat is that marble or granite?

Natural limestone