Sign in to follow this  
Jules_S

FS: Samsung UE75MU8000 LED TV

Super Wammer

As-per the advert title, I'm selling my 75" Samsung LED TV as I've gone up in size to an 85" model from the 2020 range.

Purchased from Richer Sounds at the end of November 2017 so it's not yet 3 years old. The original purchase price was £2500, asking £1200 or near offer

I won't go through the full specs as they are available online here but the basics are:

• 75" diagonal - LED technology
  • Edge-lit with local dimming for improved blacks
  • Supports HDR10 but not Dolby Vision (Samsung doesn't support DV on any model)
  • OneConnect media box for connecting external devices - 4 HDMI, aerial connections, optical digital output so you only need one signal cable running to the panel itself (plus the power cable)
  • 3 USB inputs, Ethernet and wi-fi
  • Two remote controls, one supporting voice control 
  • Dimensions (W x H x D) without stand: 1680 x 971.1 x 55.5 mm (approx 66" x 38" x 2")

It's a superb TV - physically attractive with a very slim silver metallic (plastic?) bezel. Obviously the sheer size of the image gives a certain "wow" moment anyway but the actual image quality is superb. As you'd expect 4K HDR content gives the best results with amazing colours, sharp images and good black levels but HD content is also very enjoyable. SD will always suffer by comparison on a screen of this size but it's watchable. For reference, we sit roughly 5 meters (16 ft) away from the screen. Audio is, well, typically "TV speaker" in quality, i.e. OK if you're just putting the news on but isn't going to cut it for watching the latest crash-bang-wallop blockbuster film. It deserves a decent multi-channel audio system to compliment it really.

Condition-wise it is absolutely immaculate with no visible marks or damage to either the screen or bezel / casing. It has been wall-mounted from day one so the stand has never been used and is still wrapped up. We never used the main remote control so that's also as-new; the "smart" remote shows a small degree of shininess on the cursor controls from normal use but there's no writing on the buttons anyway so nothing has been rubbed off.

It's now safely back in all it's original packaging and box, and ready to go. Given its size I would be happy to help deliver this within 40-miles (give or take) from Southampton if you don't mind making a small contribution to fuel, or you are welcome to collect from me with all appropriate social distancing measures in place (face masks, gloves, anti-bac gel, physical distancing as far as practical). Be aware that the external dimensions of the box are 1860 x 1120 x 230 mm (73" x 44" x 9") so you'll need a big vehicle...

Stupidly I didn't take a lot of photos before packing it up (I was excited to get the new TV unboxed and set up!), but I have found a few that I've taken within the last year to show it off, which are included here. Please take me at my word when I say that you'd be hard-pressed to tell this from brand new - I am fanatical about keeping my things in the very best condition possible, and obviously being wall-mounted and well away from footfall it's not been subject to physical touching except for being dusted. We are a child-free household so no sticky fingers have been anywhere near it!

Please note that the photo taken in artificial lighting shows a reflection from a table lamp in the bottom-left corner of the screen, that's not damage:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1bd0.thumb.jpg.3283ea0878d09a1880e6cb3fea20b24b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1859.thumb.jpg.acb858f554301bfe80153167431fa141.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c67.thumb.jpg.eb74c8024b32c9a82250c70b838c5bbe.jpg

Super Wammer

Having done a bit more looking around I may have been a bit optimistic on the price, so now reduced to £1000. Boxed and ready to go! 

Super Wammer

Offers?

Hello,

Have be watching your post for a while now, interested and live relativity close by, just outside Fordingbridge.

Would £800 plus fuel cost buy it? 

KRs

Brian