MF 1000

Kegworth 20/21March 2021

Now we have a date guys and Covid issues permitting it will go ahead etc I thought I'd put up a thread with a proposal.  Given that from postings on the 2020 postponement thread quite a few are indicating that they might arrive on Friday evening.  Given that we missed last years show ....who might consider a two day exhibition ....maybe a 11am start on the 1st day with a 6 pm finish for the general public and the usual firmly for Sunday ? 

Id be willing to give it a go and would assist in any way I could with logistics etc 

Post your thoughts guys & gals 

• Like 1

I can see a few potential issues with the idea unfortunately.

Some exhibitors may not be willing/able to get the Friday off work to get there and set up in advance.

If there's not a full house of exhibitors there may be a lower turnout of visitors on the Saturday, or even if not, just a spreading out of the same number of ticket buying visitors over 2 days rather than 1, so with potentially increased costs and effort it may not be worth it from a commercial point of view.

Lastly Saturday is a lot of fun without general visitors :D

• Upvote 2

I'm not suggesting setting up on the Fri eve.....in any case we've not been allowed to set up before noon on the Sat even for Sunday show.  This can be a soecial weekend fir lots of people who do travel Friday and even stop over Sunday regardless of the taking holiday scenario.  As regards commercials - well the hotel is probably hired for the full two days otherwise we couldn't start changing rooms around as we do on a Saturday, have rugby on the TV  etc.

Isn't that rather like what was planned this year, or do you mean a ticketed event like the Sunday? If the systems aren't set up yet there'd be less demand surely?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

We could have two to three hrs or so to set up on Sat morning for a ticketed event sat eve would still be the great wammer only time we've always had etc ......it is possible if we take a positive view rather than glass half empty approach 

Me I would definatly be up for a 2 day show , more relaxed , more time to visit other wamers rooms ( out of show time ) 

If I am still in the land of the living yes please B|

PS , I WILL need a lift with some rather heavy kit :o and maybe a room change to something bigger 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

I can see a few potential issues with the idea unfortunately.

Some exhibitors may not be willing/able to get the Friday off work to get there and set up in advance.

If there's not a full house of exhibitors there may be a lower turnout of visitors on the Saturday, or even if not, just a spreading out of the same number of ticket buying visitors over 2 days rather than 1, so with potentially increased costs and effort it may not be worth it from a commercial point of view.

Lastly Saturday is a lot of fun without general visitors :D

Isnt it best to let exhibittrs make their own choice's rather than you make them for them ?

Will you be exhibiting ? 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I think if more people are going to be booking in for Friday (as I intend to) then if they can be booked in to the rooms they will be using (and that is a big if) then they can get a little head start in the standard rooms on putting the equipment up . Given this i think a sensible open door on Saturday afternoon is achievable for those who might want to attend for a few hours and perhaps can not make the Sunday .

I would say however that the informal Saturday night is very similar were all those who stay relatively sober (not many ) get a great chance to wander around and listen late in to the night . Thisas always been a feature of the show and any guests have been welcome to come in and just pay for the Sunday show and attend this as well . Given that it may well be a more acceptable option to offer the afternoon show but make that any ticket money paid would also let that person in to the Sunday show as well .

I am very much up for getting things installed and running as early as possible and letting others in once this has been completed but it all depends on how the rest of the exhibitors feel .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

In 2019 I was up and running by about 10:30 on the Saturday despite the high levels of post-curry garlic and spices in the atmosphere...:D

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Tony_J said:

In 2019 I was up and running by about 10:30 on the Saturday despite the high levels of post-curry garlic and spices in the atmosphere...:D

But would anyone want to enter that room:whistle:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tony_J said:

No doubt wearing your nike trainers ,....playing ...miles ...davis.

• Haha 1

For me, two full days seems a big commitment for exhibitors if the expectation from paying punters is to have all systems up and running for the whole period. What about formalising the arrangements that were implied for this year’s show, sell weekend tickets with the understanding that Saturday will be a looser day with no guarantee that every system will be up and running at all times with Sunday remaining the main show day where there is an expectation to be able to hear everything on the show list?

• Like 1

I just posted this thread to get a discussion/ideas going etc and it seams to have done that 😀

Given most of us had paid for at least sat eves accom etc fri eve costs would just be like a normal years show cost etc  - just an idea to give the show a relaunch after the missed year etc

keep posting 👍

2 hours ago, MF 1000 said:

I just posted this thread to get a discussion/ideas going etc and it seams to have done that 😀

Given most of us had paid for at least sat eves accom etc fri eve costs would just be like a normal years show cost etc  - just an idea to give the show a relaunch after the missed year etc

keep posting 👍

With there being new owners Of the hotel Keith, perhaps there will be the option of putting your mega system in the large restaurant room.  Should really give the bass some room to breathe. 

Isnt it best to let exhibittrs make their own choice's rather than you make them for them ?
Will you be exhibiting ? 
If I can get a lift with my system yes!

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.