Just a quick heads up for some dates in September.

There is a weekend away "bake off" being organised for the 10th to the 12th September by another forum,

Many of the people attending would be visiting or exhibiting at Keggy normally.

So if there is a plan to do September it would be wise to avoid that weekend.

Hope that helps

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to update everyone regarding next years show announcement. The dates are booked of course but I will be waiting a while for the release of any further info until nearer the time due to t

I still get tossers coming in the newsagents where I work with no mask or any attempt to cover up. They then get uppity when I tell them to get out and come back when they have a mask on unless they h

Another reasonable way to stop transmission by people who don't wear a mask is to punch them right in the face. Please remember to wash your hands throughly afterwards.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

Just a quick heads up for some dates in September.

There is a weekend away "bake off" being organised for the 10th to the 12th September by another forum,

Many of the people attending would be visiting or exhibiting at Keggy normally.

So if there is a plan to do September it would be wise to avoid that weekend.

Hope that helps

Which forum Spider? Might be up for that, if it's possible. 

It’s on the Audio Abattoir forum, it’s a great weekend away which normally is the opposite end of the year from keggy. Just needs careful thought on dates.

Edited by Spider
  • Like 1

Looks like the 1st weekend would be best then ...if we are allowed to ‘play’ by then 

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s on the Audio Abattoir forum, it’s a great weekend away which normally is the opposite end of the year from keggy. Just needs careful thought on dates.

Thanks Spider. I'll have to have a look on there. I haven't had a lot to do on AA but I have been on a few times. These hifi meets to me are some of the best experiences I've been to, and the more numbers usually the more interesting they can be.

1 hour ago, eddie-baby said:

Thanks Spider. I'll have to have a look on there. I haven't had a lot to do on AA but I have been on a few times. These hifi meets to me are some of the best experiences I've been to, and the more numbers usually the more interesting they can be.

The settle weekend is really good. We stay in a lovely camping barn and set up two or three hifi systems, then there is plenty of music, merriment  and drink. Usually a walk on Saturday in the dales followed by an amazing evening meal and more music and drinking. It usually attracts about 35 to 40 people and is well worth attending. Dave who organises it is on here too. @occasional thinker

Edited by Spider
36 minutes ago, Spider said:

The settle weekend is really good. We stay in a lovely camping barn and set up two or three hifi systems, then there is plenty of music, mermen and drink. Usually a walk on Saturday in the dales followed by an amazing evening meal and more music and drinking. It usually attracts about 35 to 40 people and is well worth attending. Dave who organises it is on here too. @occasional thinker

Oh sounds excellent. Would be interested, if we are back to some sort of life by then. 

not sure that AA should have any say in when the Wam show is, after all AA is mostly made up of those who flounced off from here and very few have attended Kegworth

anyway it's Peter's call as he underwrites the show

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

not sure that AA should have any say in when the Wam show is, after all AA is mostly made up of those who flounced off from here and very few have attended Kegworth

anyway it's Peter's call as he underwrites the show

flounced doesn't exactly cover it. A lot got home from showing at scalfold  to find they had been banned. Still no say in the wam show though. 

8 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

flounced doesn't exactly cover it. A lot got home from showing at scalfold  to find they had been banned. Still no say in the wam show though. 

and imho quite a few brought it upon themselves 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

... and none of which has anything to do with current members.

However, the point is noted that there may be members here who may want to attend both events, which will be noted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is that the forum where people talk about how much money they've saved and how well they've done in life, then make rather mundane points about hifi?

Maybe I'm thinking of a different one, I've seen a couple of forums I have yet to look at properly.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
Is that the forum where people talk about how much money they've saved and how well they've done in life, then make rather mundane points about hifi?

Maybe I'm thinking of a different one, I've seen a couple of forums I have yet to look at properly.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

No, it’s the one where they over-use the ‘c’ word a lot and think that hideous and badly home-made horn loudspeakers constitute “hi-fi”.

;)
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

My squares are bigger than yours .....:party:

• Haha 2
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.