MF 1000

Kegworth 20/21March 2021

Posted (edited)

Assuming it goes ahead then I'm deffo coming this year chaps and chapesses... 1st time, so I'd be a newb, but it sounds great.

Would be interesting to see/hear some no doubt awesome setups and shoot the breeze about mutual love of music and kit...

Edited by Amormusic
  • Like 2

Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Assuming it goes ahead then I'm deffo coming this year chaps and chapesses... 1st time, so I'd be a newb, but it sounds great.

Would be interesting to see/hear some no doubt awesome setups and shoot the breeze about mutual love of music and kit...

All I can say is that it is well worth the trip . I still think that we could quite easily have quite a number of systems ready and able to be listened to by 14.00 Saturday and privided we did not make this a paybable event for the Saturday only (ie any ticket sold would also allow entrance on Sunday as well ) then it would be fine . More systems would be up and ready as they always are by Saturday night and again so long as this was a two day ticket then no problem .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I think we have been around the 2 day loop a couple of times already with the informal Saturday and formal Sunday we've had the last couple of years being the compromise that works for most - be ready on Saturday if you want to, but not put off those who can't make that level of commitment (nor expenditure).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I would be up for a full weekend, with maybe some live entertainment on the Saturday evening?

I am sure we could get someone to do a set...:pint:

I really like the current format - informal Saturday and formal show on the Sunday. The Saturday is a great time to catch up with everyone and have a wander round.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

On 21/08/2020 at 23:59, Lawrence001 said:

If I can get a lift with my system yes!

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Why not ask your wife to drop you off in your car ? or maybe have her with you for the weekend along with the children 

Quality family time :^

• Haha 2

Super Wammer

I'm happy to fit in with whatever gets sorted, however I see a number of problems/issues. 

Many exhibitors don't arrive until after lunch and moving kit in and out of meandering visitors will be a pain. 

If people are exhibiting to paying punters there will be less bodies to assist with kit humping. 

Many exhibitors, myself included like to chill/watch the rugby, after the initial kit humping, setup & fine tuning. 

As for Keith getting the restaurant Noooooo! He can join the queue. I put in for it this year as its ideal for my Quads but was told no. 😭 So my tent is already pitched in the #1 slot. 😂😂

Edited by Lurch
  • Haha 3

Why not ask your wife to drop you off in your car ? or maybe have her with you for the weekend along with the children 
Quality family time :^
Because she'd have to bring the kids with her so that would be 2 5 hour trips 2 days in a row which they wouldn't be very happy about, not sure she would be either

3 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

Because she'd have to bring the kids with her so that would be 2 5 hour trips 2 days in a row which they wouldn't be very happy about, not sure she would be either emoji23.png

It's a hotel they can get a room with you , saves all the traveling 

Admin

I just wanted to update everyone regarding next years show announcement. The dates are booked of course but I will be waiting a while for the release of any further info until nearer the time due to the Covid restrictions on groups etc. Hope everyone understands. Many thanks.

My thoughts are that more and more are arriving on the Friday anyway now so those who wish to set up can. In addition, I also think that a 'casual Saturday' is also a good idea so there is no stress to make it a definite two day show (I could for example put all the two day exhibitors) on one floor so that at least full weekend visitors weren't searching room by room. I could also look to discount things slightly for those wishing to come for the two day exhibiting bonanza.

As soon as we get the go ahead I will organise everything and decide how best to please everyone.......(as much as possible).

Keep posting your thoughts as I believe the more info I have the easier it will be to put together the right format for everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Super Wammer

Obviously Friday setup will be difficult for those of us currently paid up for big rooms due to possible Friday business seminars, however I'm happy to arrive Friday and then setup in the evening once the hotel releases the big spaces. 

As for announcement of details once the CV19 situation is better known, it would be good if the dates and general info was available to the public a lot earlier than previous years, even if this requires a 'Pending Covid restrictions/situation' note added to the Web page/announcement. 

Earlier advertising to my mind could potentially increase footfall as could getting a mention in the hifi rags, as there must be a lot of pent up desire to attend some sort of show amongst fellow hobbyists. 

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 2

Super Wammer

I think John makes a very good point about an early announcement with caveats . The Cranage HiFi show has done something similar and again put in the warning of Covid restrictions permitted. Getting the event up front and central in as many as possibles minds is a very good thing but without too much detail now . I would also agree that mentions in Hi Fi Magazines and the like is also good as soon as we can and then perhaps another notice later next year when plans are more finalised .

There was a feeling from some of the other forums that they wanted to support the Wam Show because of the issues we had and the sensible decisions taken with more wanting to attend the show. We need to rekindle this and one way would be to get out more information on the state of play as it is now and what we are hoping to do again with the proviso that we will be allowed to .

• Upvote 2

Agree with the last few posts but I think we have to be realistic that if the Covid situation is still unclear by next March (which it likely will be in the absence of a vaccine) then a lot of visitors, and maybe some exhibitors, will be averse to committing very early on.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

Agree with the last few posts but I think we have to be realistic that if the Covid situation is still unclear by next March (which it likely will be in the absence of a vaccine) then a lot of visitors, and maybe some exhibitors, will be averse to committing very early on.

I understand your point Lawrence but given what was learned this year I think it will not be essential for anyone to commit as a visitor until the show has been confirmed. As Peter has noted many of the Exhibitors who comitted last year have already agreed to let things ride this year and in lots of cases added Friday night as well . All of this is with the full knowledge that this could change and things could be difficult . However if we do not plan and hope for better then we will not do anything. I want lots of people to know there is the prospect of a Wam Show and that it is alive and kicking . I think we now all understand that it is with fingers crossed and plan for the worst in our minds while it is certain and exciting in our hearts .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just wanted to say I am still up for the show when it happens eventually. The larger rooms we sorted out amongst those of us who were doing one was a good plan, hopefully we can just stick to that. Obviously the show has always been a March (ish) show which looks impossible still but if we keep out eye on the 6 month review, maybe we will be able to have it later, hotel availability allowing.

Keep hanging in there guys 'n gals

Stefan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.