Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, mac72 said:

1k is an internal impedance , 250R loading plug would give you 200R loading at the cartridge itself 

Well as I can’t hear any difference between no plugs and 470R then it’s pointless.

1 minute ago, radiant red said:

Well as I can’t hear any difference between no plugs and 470R then it’s pointless.

Once you are above 8-10x cartridge impedance there shouldn’t be much difference unless you completely undamp the cartridge but some people believe there is a difference , 

in your case anything above 200R should be fine 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, radiant red said:

Once you go way above the 8-12 times internal impedence then the differences will be at best minimal due to the fact that most of the damping has been removed by the time you get up to 30+ times internal. Whilst working closer can produce some discernable changes as the cart is still being damped by the load so by increasing R slightly you are also reducing the level of damping slightly. 

Super Wammer

Interestingly I have returned back the ECC83 and less hard in the sound and the gain seems lower which is more in line with everything else 

231CAB16-B3EF-4E11-BE2F-E0788D0C0468.jpeg

• Like 1