Tune

Vinyl Collection For Sale

So I am now disabled and I'm being honest in that there is no way that I will get around to splitting this and sending out individual albums.

I have tried it before. I have a brain injury and it just proved impossible. Sometime ago I did a PDF with prices I have seen them selling for on EBay.

There's some/audiophile, Mobile Fidelity, a fair amount of Japanese vintage jazz pressings bought in Tokyo and selected by a friend who wrote for Stereophile., Reissues and serious collectors bits and bobs. Some old nostalgic tracks (I'm in my mid fifties and reggae, two tone dance - that sort of thing) Maybe 100 discs, That's about as far as I can get hence being honest.

Anyone interested could have them for 50% of individual sale prices but I genuinely cannot split so please don't ask.

I also have some SACD's DVDA and K2 CD's. Not many so maybe I'll get round to listing them. Some are rare as rocking horse.

If legal (pretty sure it is), if you are buying the vinyl, I'll also supply the rips to save you doing it. They are in .dsd128 (you can convert if you cannot play) and ripped using a SME 30/12a and Lyra Kleos. They sound obscenely good and, as the owner of the disc, I'm pretty sure it' legal to copy it to cassette or HDD for your own personal use. I will NOT supply the rips separately - that IS illegal and I will not do. The SME/Lyra combination destroyed many high end TT's I owned (I forgot it was used with a TEAD Groove Plus). To give you an idea, when I sold the SME years ago, before getting ill, I bought an LP12/Ekos and put the Lyra on that. I used it probably twice - the dsd recordings were way better. It was shockingly superior given the same cart and phono stage.

So that's me simply being sadly honest. The price is good (you would have to collect from Bucks though), The collection is varied, with some almost priceless offerings, but I cannot split. It is just a medical thing and I do not want to let people down.

Send me a message and I'll snd a PM with the original (E Bay) prices on it.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi Michael 

I’d  be interested in more details/prices please 

Super Wammer

I would be interested too Michael please.

I know we have not always seen eye to eye Michael but I hope you're OK. :)

• Like 1

For some reason I cannot send you message , can you try to to PM me more details please

Rgs

Slav

Dear Ll,

I'm rewllly sorrt for not gettig in touch with all oy you. I unforyunatiely sufeered another injury wihch lieft me in aniyhrt coma. This time I;ve futhre damaged thor real brain.

Sorriy for speling. I will be Ok when I fer srugs biyt I'm still in hospityal so jope to join the forumn again my soon. My friend to dire to contact people ai think

Michael

• Like 6

Just get yourself as well you can Michael...The vinyl can wait ..We all wish you well !!

• Upvote 2

Wishing a speedy recovery.

Super Wammer

Michael sorry to hear of your health issues, get yourself well, the records can wait. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear all,

Again I am still in hospital, as my lack of activity hopefully shows. Thank you all so much for tje kind workds. People are supposed to get 1 or 2 of these every 3 days. I get 300 a day.

I am really hoping to be freed by Christmas. I'm pretty sure that I have promised someone here first option but do let me know travellingman@me.com. I'll say thanks again It does mean a lot - especially as my friends cannot visit with COVID. All keep yourselves safe as well.

I may well sell the whole system once home - this kind of teaches what's important in my life. We'll see. I'' miss th  lcollecion though. tihans aihain.

.M

• Like 4

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, Tune said:

Dear all,

Again I am still in hospital, as my lack of activity hopefully shows. Thank you all so much for tje kind workds. People are supposed to get 1 or 2 of these every 3 days. I get 300 a day.

I am really hoping to be freed by Christmas. I'm pretty sure that I have promised someone here first option but do let me know travellingman@me.com. I'll say thanks again It does mean a lot - especially as my friends cannot visit with COVID. All keep yourselves safe as well.

I may well sell the whole system once home - this kind of teaches what's important in my life. We'll see. I'' miss th  lcollecion though. tihans aihain.

.M

Michael,

Thinking of you. The cycle lights I bought from you some time ago did wonderful service recently when we spent a week cycling around NE Kent.

As others have said, vinyl and other hifi concerns can wait. Wishing you well.

Nigel

Hi Michael, 

We have exchanged a number of emails via your personal email address and pretty sure you have given someone first option, that might be me based on our most recent email exchange (last week).

Wishing you a speedy improvement and hope to catch up in the near future. 

Iain