bhope58122

Wanted - Phono Stage up to £600

Hi Stephen

If Bhope doesn’t want your Trigon I will take it at £600 shipped. But give bhope first refusal. Derek

I have an EAR834p clone, home built by me well within budget

Super Wammer

You don’t have to spend huge amounts of money for a really good phono stage ..So long as the impedance can be matched to your cart ...I’ve used several very expensive phono stages over the years till I was introduced to the Lehman black cube ..It’s as detailed and quiet of any of them ..For £600 you can have a brand new one .with a guarantee .. it’s tiny and can just sit at the back of your turntable instead of some of the larger ones you see that need a shelf to themselves  ...My mate sold his EAR phono and replaced it with a Lehman after hearing mine 

kindest regards Julian

• Like 1

On 31/08/2020 at 21:36, Ganders said:

I’ve a Salas MC stage in the classifieds, very good indeed, have a look if you’d like.

There have been a number of folk looking for phonos recently it must be down to the DIY factor as I'm really surprised your Salas has not sold performance wise its a top bit of kit. I've seen a number of posts that rate it up there or preferred in comparison to Wayne'Colburns legendary Black Pearl.

Edited by JamieMcC

6 hours ago, JamieMcC said:

There have been a number of folk looking for phonos recently it must be down to the DIY factor as I'm really surprised your Salas has not sold performance wise its a top bit of kit. I've seen a number of posts that rate it up there or preferred in comparison to Wayne'Colburns legendary Black Pearl.

Thanks Jamie, it is a great phono but I guess you’re right about the kit aspect putting people off.Still, someone will get a real steal eventually, I certainly did.

Super Wammer

And another good one..

Super Wammer
On 31/08/2020 at 15:50, bhope58122 said:

Looking at a new Phono Stage, what do people have they are looking to move on? 

Must be MM, or both MM & MC. Yes, I'll be moving over to MC soon but I can always add an SUT in the future whenever the time arises. 

Any suggestions will be considered 👍🏻

You've had a good few suggestions here... how's your thinking going?

Super Wammer
On 31/08/2020 at 16:58, bhope58122 said:

Very interested in this, heard great things about this stage. I'll possibly PM the seller. I've got a couple of options from elsewhere to get mull over, too thanks for the heads up 👍🏻

On 31/08/2020 at 17:28, TheFlash said:

The seller awaits your PM with keen anticipation!

I used MM with my RP6/Dynavector 10x5 and it was a big step up from previous Fono II. When I moved to RP8/Apheta2 a few weeks ago, I had my first chance to try the MC. I can't tell you which part of the chain is responsible for the lovely souds but all sounds excellent. Flipping the rear switches for various cart impedances is straightforward.

You really do get two excellent phono stages for the price of one here, and it helps to maintain a modest box count.

EDIT: just noticed your budget. I can increase the price to £599 if it helps!

On 01/09/2020 at 10:15, andreweast said:

The Aria is fantastic at that price

My lovely Aria is now on the 'bay at £560.

Edited by TheFlash