Ward

wanted MiniDSP DDRC-22D

As per the title, I'm looking to try out a MiniDSP-22D or 22A to resolve a marked mid bass hump in my lounge using room correction, any other equally capable alternatives happily considered

thanks - Ward

I have a DDRC24 that is surplus due to my buying an SHD. Bought in Jan 2019. Includes the power supply, remote and usb cable. An email to minidsp will transfer the software to you, including Dirac.  I'm keeping the UMIC mic but you are more than welcome to borrow that for a couple of weeks or so to set things up. I paid 441 USD without the mic. (prob paid import duty as well, but meh). So that's about £330. What do you think? £200?

Hi Ed,

thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind but am really holding out for a model with balanced connections as my DAC and speakers are both balanced

Ward.

Edited by Ward

bump for the weekend

Have you checked out these guys? They say RRP £899 but POA, which implies that there may be a deal to be done.

https://chromapure.co.uk/details.asp?id=365&type=products

Thanks Tony, 

I had looked on their web site but hadn't managed to find the DDRC-22D listed as available so have now messaged them for a price etc. I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers - Ward

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

I did spot this supplier, but we have just had to postpone our next visit over to France because of the jump in infection rate in most departments we would need to travel through to get to our place and besides delivery charges in France are criminally expensive. 

29 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I did come across the Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra Curve Processor which may do a similar job but at around £240.

Thanks for the suggestion StingRay, however the MiniDSP although more expensive is able to use Dirac - live which seems to be the way to achieve the best results

Cheers - Ward

5 minutes ago, Ward said:

Thanks for the suggestion StingRay, however the MiniDSP although more expensive is able to use Dirac - live which seems to be the way to achieve the best results

Cheers - Ward

I don't understand what the differences are. Once it is set up that should be it unless you change something in the room?

2 hours ago, Ward said:

Thanks Tony, 

I had looked on their web site but hadn't managed to find the DDRC-22D listed as available so have now messaged them for a price etc. I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers - Ward

Feedback as promised,

I had a reply back from Ricky Jennings of Kalibrate unfortunately advising that they do not stock the DDRC-22D, only the microphone so the search continues.

Ward

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, StingRay said:

I don't understand what the differences are. Once it is set up that should be it unless you change something in the room?

Stingray,

I see that you are also discussing the Behringer in a room correction thread and comparing to MiniDSP offerings, if you think that the DDRC-24 I was offered earlier in this thread by Ed Howarth might meet your needs please go ahead and PM him as i have pretty much decided that I want to make the Dirac alterations digitally so will need at least a DDRC-22D.

Regards - Ward.

18 minutes ago, Ward said:

Stingray,

I see that you are also discussing the Behringer in a room correction thread and comparing to MiniDSP offerings, if you think that the DDRC-24 I was offered earlier in this thread by Ed Howarth might meet your needs please go ahead and PM him as i have pretty much decided that I want to make the Dirac alterations digitally so will need at least a DDRC-22D.

Regards - Ward.

Having looked into more I need one with digital outputs as I want to use my DAC.