Ward

wanted MiniDSP DDRC-22D

15 hours ago, StingRay said:

Having looked into more I need one with digital outputs as I want to use my DAC.

That is my thinking also

Ward.

16 hours ago, Ward said:

Stingray,

I see that you are also discussing the Behringer in a room correction thread and comparing to MiniDSP offerings, if you think that the DDRC-24 I was offered earlier in this thread by Ed Howarth might meet your needs please go ahead and PM him as i have pretty much decided that I want to make the Dirac alterations digitally so will need at least a DDRC-22D.

Regards - Ward.

Sold now! Sorry. 

• Upvote 1

Bump.  Seems to be a hard thing to find apart from the latest version new.

Finally I have managed to find a second user MiniDSP SHD and microphone which arrived here earlier today, many thanks to all who have supported me in my search for the right piece of equipment.  Now to sort out transfer of the DIRAC software licence through minidsp.com forum which incidentally was where I sourced the unit I eventually purchased.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done - let us know how you get on with it!

1 minute ago, Tony_J said:

Well done - let us know how you get on with it!

Thanks Tony,

it will be a while before I can set this up properly as we are about to start undergoing some house renovations that have been delayed by the previous lock-down, so the HiFi is likely to be out of action for a couple of months for obvious reasons.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

In its current 3.0 Guise there is no need to transfer the Dirac Licence as you start it via the button in the MiniDSP software and Dirac automatically knows you have a licence when you select the SHD . If the item has the old Dirac 1 then you open a seperate pprogram for Dirac but again if the unit has been set up then once you down load the software it will work automatically . You may need to contact MiniDSP in order to get them to add the software / firmware download to your profile in order to load that on to your PC/MAC if you send them an e-mail with your product details and serial number and your MiniDSP profile then they will do this very quickly , but do remember they are in Hong Kong so time difference is quite big .

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bencat said:

In its current 3.0 Guise there is no need to transfer the Dirac Licence as you start it via the button in the MiniDSP software and Dirac automatically knows you have a licence when you select the SHD . If the item has the old Dirac 1 then you open a seperate pprogram for Dirac but again if the unit has been set up then once you down load the software it will work automatically . You may need to contact MiniDSP in order to get them to add the software / firmware download to your profile in order to load that on to your PC/MAC if you send them an e-mail with your product details and serial number and your MiniDSP profile then they will do this very quickly , but do remember they are in Hong Kong so time difference is quite big .

Thanks for this Andrew, I have contacted MiniDSP via the forum and received an acknowledgement, so hopefully they will provide access to software downloads shortly.  Now to see if my MacBook will run the required operating system for DIRAC 3 as currently running High Sierra.