Hi folks,

I have a simple question : I know for a phono rca cable, capacitance must be low. Now my question ; is the linn black suitable (with added separate ground wire) as phono lead or are there specific cables that are better suited ? or does linn black the job just fine ?

Edited by Lorre

When Linn introduce the Black interconnect it was a standard Linn arm lead with RCA's on both ends and originally was the same outer sleeve as the arm cable- shortly after it's introduction they changed the outer jacket to what it is now- Paul

• Like 1

Yep, I remember a conversation with Neil Gaydon, over a burger one night, where he suggested we try cannibalising a Basik arm lead. Back in those days it was to make interconnects for the LK1/280. Needless to say, a roll of arm cable and a supply of plugs was quickly ordered.

I still used long lengths of it in my Aktiv system after the Black became available. Probably still have some in my spares cupboard.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
19 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Yep, I remember a conversation with Neil Gaydon, over a burger one night, where he suggested we try cannibalising a Basik arm lead. Back in those days it was to make interconnects for the LK1/280. Needless to say, a roll of arm cable and a supply of plugs was quickly ordered.

I still used long lengths of it in my Aktiv system after the Black became available. Probably still have some in my spares cupboard.

’troll

Thank you guys for this helpfull answer. I was just wandering as to me it seemed that linn was using a kind of Mogami cable as tone arm lead. 

3 hours ago, Lorre said:

and the linn black rca, would that be Mogami too you think ? Not that I intend to make them myself, just out of curiosity

There’s a lot more about them here...

The Linn Black interconnect cable is not the same as the Mogami cable and has been made for Linn for quite some time (by whom I do not know).  But if you buy a Majik LP12 the arm cable it comes with is Linn Black interconnect, so that should answer your question.  Actually, Linn upgraded their interconnects within the last year so you will now see it marked Linn Analogue Interconnect II.

On 10/09/2020 at 01:27, ThomasOK said:

The Linn Black interconnect cable is not the same as the Mogami cable and has been made for Linn for quite some time (by whom I do not know).  But if you buy a Majik LP12 the arm cable it comes with is Linn Black interconnect, so that should answer your question.  Actually, Linn upgraded their interconnects within the last year so you will now see it marked Linn Analogue Interconnect II.

Any sonic difference between the former one and this new version ? 

I don't know yet as we haven't gotten in any of the regular Black Ii cables and our roll of Black interconnect cable is back ordered.