Zurg

WANTED TW Acustic Raven Ac

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

I’ve been lurking around for a while and only now decided to post in here, I’m looking to get Tw Acustic Ac model, preferably second hand obviously. My budget is probably in around 4K, I also have a lovely acoustic solid wood table that I can include in part exchange if anyone is interested. I think I’m looking for single motor model since everything else goes up in price, and hopefully with an arm board for jelco or Ortofon tonearm. If anyone knows anyone who’s willing to part or considering to part with this table, let me know please. I’m based in UK ( Scotland ) but for the right table willing to travel. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A table that's on my shortlist too. Good luck with your search. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BettisDad said:

A table that's on my shortlist too. Good luck with your search. 

Thx man, is it hard to find in this place do you know if they come up for sale ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not seen one come up as yet. 

Edited by BettisDad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked one up about 18mths ago and surprisingly enough it was from Scotland

Looking at prices you may struggle at 4k but you never know - they are pretty rare in this country though

Beautifully engineered and the heaviest thing for its size that I have picked up - if you know what I mean - the material is very dense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2020 at 10:23, oneills said:

I picked one up about 18mths ago and surprisingly enough it was from Scotland

Looking at prices you may struggle at 4k but you never know - they are pretty rare in this country though

Beautifully engineered and the heaviest thing for its size that I have picked up - if you know what I mean - the material is very dense.

How much you paid 18 months ago if you dont mind me asking?? May be you can pm me? thx alot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know of anyone on this forum who has a Raven.

I know that Guy Sergeant, owner of the Puresound brand, is an admirer of the Raven as I have seen posts where he has praised it.

He is Murray Johnson on Audio Abattoir and that place is somewhere where you may have better luck.

Jack NSM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could look on HiFi Shark for prices 

I cant put my purchase price on as the Wife might see it :-) and it doesnt really help you 

I would not be too worried about shipping one so long as it is in its original packing as the packing is very well put together

Get insurance that covers damage and loss - someone like Eurosender do good insurance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely here.

https://www.audio-markt.de/en/market/start/?page_filter_field_usage_state=0&page_filter_field_manufacturer_id=3801&filter_submitted=1

Looking at the above £4K is way off.

Edited by It Cost How Much!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

I dont know of anyone on this forum who has a Raven.

I know that Guy Sergeant, owner of the Puresound brand, is an admirer of the Raven as I have seen posts where he has praised it.

He is Murray Johnson on Audio Abattoir and that place is somewhere where you may have better luck.

Jack NSM

Thank you for your help. I’ll check that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oneills said:

You could look on HiFi Shark for prices 

I cant put my purchase price on as the Wife might see it :-) and it doesnt really help you 

I would not be too worried about shipping one so long as it is in its original packing as the packing is very well put together

Get insurance that covers damage and loss - someone like Eurosender do good insurance

Thank you for the information, I’ll keep that in mind ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, It Cost How Much!?! said:

Hi, yes I know, most of them are retail sellers, private sellers usually sell for less. I can do in region of 5k plus I have a table I could part with to fund my purchase. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

I bought one secondhand for £4K maybe four years ago. I have no idea about prices today. You are unlikely to get one with a Jelco armboard as most people will go with Graham or something else exotic. Do not buy an armboard from the U.K. distributor but buy direct from the manufacturer as I did.

btw SME Vs sound really dreadful on this deck but great on an SME. 

They weight 50kg and come in two wooden crates. Shipping on a pallet from another country should be ok but not via normal courier. 

After 18 months I sold mine as I thought that my long term custom Lenco had more grunt. I now have a Luxman PD171 and whilst I have not had it alongside a Raven I am seriously happy with it. If you can’t find a Raven then a Luxman might do the trick  

Best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DomT said:

I bought one secondhand for £4K maybe four years ago. I have no idea about prices today. You are unlikely to get one with a Jelco armboard as most people will go with Graham or something else exotic. Do not buy an armboard from the U.K. distributor but buy direct from the manufacturer as I did.

btw SME Vs sound really dreadful on this deck but great on an SME. 

They weight 50kg and come in two wooden crates. Shipping on a pallet from another country should be ok but not via normal courier. 

After 18 months I sold mine as I thought that my long term custom Lenco had more grunt. I now have a Luxman PD171 and whilst I have not had it alongside a Raven I am seriously happy with it. If you can’t find a Raven then a Luxman might do the trick  

Best of luck. 

Thank you, my price point was 4k because I saw them go for around that price a few years back, I can spend more on it, it will depends on condition and small factors, such as shipping and country of origin. I don't see why it cant cost around 4K when new is around 9500. Any ideas where should i be looking for apart from hifishark ?? thx alot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Zurg said:

Thank you, my price point was 4k because I saw them go for around that price a few years back, I can spend more on it, it will depends on condition and small factors, such as shipping and country of origin. I don't see why it cant cost around 4K when new is around 9500. Any ideas where should i be looking for apart from hifishark ?? thx alot.

No idea I saw mine on eBay and it was sold by HiFi Emporium. Maybe try the companies like them who specialise in 2nd hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.