The Akurate DS/0 will be clearly better than either, but it depends on what amp/s you have today. I suspect there will be a flood of Majik DSM's 1-3 on the market soon, putting pressure on the second hand prices...

1 minute ago, BennyES said:

Also Tendaberry why do you think there will be a flood of Majik DSM 1-3's on the market soon? Just wondering, I agree with you though

Well, I imagine a few will be upgrading to the new Linn Majik DSM/4, which has a better phono section, better DAC and a better power amplifier built in. The 2017 Majik DSM will be a couple of notches better than your Majik DS. Does your DS have the Dynamik power supply btw? What does speak for the Akurate DS/0 is that it can be upgraded with the Katalyst DAC, which the Majik cannot.

39 minutes ago, BennyES said:

Should I just save Up for the DSM/4 and not even worry about the Akurate DS/0 and Akurate DS/1?

If you are pondering about using a separate amplifier I would say go for Akurate of any age. They are all possible to upgrade to Katalyst DAC and likely better than your Majik DS. If you want an one-box solution with built in amplifier then Majik DSM is the answer. In /4 it is a class D technology and in its predecessor it is Chakra (class A/B or B,... I’m not sure). And of course different casings. 

• Like 1

What do you see future upgrades after this? Do you think Exakt may be in your future?

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...
On 10/09/2020 at 02:53, Jail4CEOs2 said:

What do you see future upgrades after this? Do you think Exakt may be in your future?

Jail 4CEOs2, I see a MDSM 3 in my future- Exakt probably not 

On 09/09/2020 at 17:18, BennyES said:

Also my Majik DS says it has the Akurate motherboard

Hi - only just seen this thread! The original Majik DS shared the same board with the Akurate DS, but if you compare the two, you’ll see there are many more components on the latter than the former. 

Mick