On 03/04/2021 at 07:26, BennyES said:

Jail 4CEOs2, I see a MDSM 3 in my future- Exakt probably not 

So this allows you to go Exakt if you change your mind. Did you see Akamatsu's thread about the MDSM? That'll make you happy. I don't think we know what your speakers are yet? The good thing is you can explore SPACE optimization!

Edited by Jail4CEOs2
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of days ago I converted my 212's passive, and connected them up to my MDSM/2. It was a very illuminating experience. They were placed on their ideal position and let rip using SPACE on and off. With SPACE on they were quite good, but simply too lean. This thinness disappeared when I turned SPACE off. With it off, a little mid and high detail was lost, but with the now untamed flabby, fuller low end, the sound was very enjoyable. I might even be able to live with them in that configuration, but I'll never know as I quickly returned them to aktiv to hear them Exakt in the same session. My humble Majik Exaktbox-i didn't disappoint. 

I've had my Ninkas in position for the past couple of months, and was happy hearing all the richness and detail the 212's Exakted bring. This really showed how lean/thin they were, especially in the mids, when driven passive, SPACE on, solely by the MDSM. 

We're so spoiled though. Even in the most humble condition in this test these components were really rewarding to listen to. I may try this with the Ninkas one day. I'm betting they might benefit more from SPACE being enabled. 

The MDSM, 2, 3, or 4, is a great one box solution for the price. 

Edited by Jail4CEOs2
  • Like 1