Sign in to follow this  
wildwildWes

dbPowerAmp suddenly stopped ripping

I've been ripping CDs for 3 years with dbPowerAmp, but yesterday a new problem stopped me in my tracks.  When I first open it and put the CD in, the CD spins, it gets the metadata for the album, but when I click to Rip, the CD doesn't spin, the screen greys and the cursor spins endlessly.  What should I do?  Not sure if it's a hardware or a software problem.

Edited by wildwildWes

27 minutes ago, wildwildWes said:

I've been ripping CD for 3 years with dbPowerAmp, but yesterday a new problem stopped me in my tracks.  It gets the metadata for the album, but when I click to Rip, it just greys the screen and the cursor spins endlessly.  What should I do?  Not sure if it's a hardware or a software problem.

Don't know that one but I'd suggest looking at or asking on the dbpoweramp forum. https://forum.dbpoweramp.com

What about a reinstall of the latest version?

• Upvote 1

I upgraded it to 16.6, and it still didn't work.  The latest version is 17.1 I think, and I'll have to pay for that, which I may do if it's reasonable.  Which ripper are you using?

You sure it's not the cd drive? Able to read the Table of Contents but not the rest of the disk? Does the drive play the cd audio all the way through?

Sign in to follow this