marko

For Sale: KSL KONDO EL34 OVERTURE.

Super Wammer

This is a very rare and beautiful AUDIO NOTE JAPAN KSL KONDO EL34, 32w PUSH PULL OVERTURE, LINE LEVEL INTEGRATED.

Condition: This Overture could be on a workbench in The KONDO factory, having just been built, awaiting to be placed in it’s double box for dispatch to The UK, it’s destination. I am super fastidious - this KONDO Overture is in absolutely PERFECT FACTORY condition, absolutely immaculate,. I have NO hesitation in saying the this Overture is in 10/10 condition!

The engineering and build quality of The Overture is staggeringly good, quite exquisite to be perfectly honest. It’s the HiFi equivalent of the iPhone. Steve Jobs strongly believed that the inside of any of his products, whether seen to the naked eye or not, should be as beautiful as the outside. The Overture (as all KONDO products) has the very same dedication to quality both inside and out, To turn the input selector is a delight, as is adjusting the volume control. The feel oozes refinement of the highest order! Then remove the top plate and peak inside, Phew!

One only has to cast ones eyes at the binding posts to realise that these are not your regular ‘off the shelf’ items. Far from it; they are off ‘The Kondo’ shelf, quite like nothing I’ve ever seen before! The attention to detail extends to the minutest detail: look at the photos of the Certificate, The Overture owners guide and the embossed wallet these both come in. And then there’s yet another envelope for all the above! 

The musical presentation of any piece of equipment is relative to the listener. My interpretation of what I’m hearing may be completely different to anyone else’s. That aside, here are some observations:

The components I’m using The Overture with are an Audio Note CD2.1x and a gorgeous pair of ANJ LX Hemp in High Gloss Olive, a quite extraordinary pair of speakers. IC cable is AN Lexus and Mogami speaker cables. Keep it simple!! 

In the first few seconds of listening to The Overture, my breath was taken away. The rule book had been torn up and thrown in the bin! The overall tonal presentation of The Overture is SO richly saturated and textured, unlike anything I’ve ever heard before. Usually and of late, when listening to a new piece of equipment,  I play the Mark Knopfler track ‘Long Cool Girl’. It’s a defining track, in that with any amplifier I’ve ever heard, the drumstick hitting the rim of the drum always seems  completely unattached and on it’s own. Not so with The Overture. The drumstick hitting the rim had presence and a place in the overall presentation, for the first time ever! 

The midband is as I’ve described above, densely saturated with richness, a quality that pervades the whole listening experience. Best to describe the presentation as very  ‘atmospheric’. The only time I’ve heard anything remotely similar was with my old Shindo Cortese F2a ‘stand alone’ power amp, so natural, present and real.

While not the deepest bass, The Overture excels in producing the lower registers with such a physical presence, bordering on ‘thunderous. The presentation is more upper bass, than deep bass, but it’s a revelation and has to be heard to be believed!

This Overture carries a full ‘provenance’ through and through. Even the Certificate, manual and the envelope they come in are like everything else, presented beautifully, quite ‘Extra ordinary’! Recently, I was in contact with a European journalist who’d reviewed The Overture. His words to me where: “Kondo has something magic in their fingers”. I’d agree.

Prior to me buying this Overture, it had been boxed, stored and unused for three years. I’m sure that this amplifier was the first ever Overture to have been imported into The UK. 

I’m not too hot on modern technology so won’t attempt to ‘link’ to reviews. However, if you just Google Kondo Overture, you’ll find reviews by:

Stereophile. Highfidelity, Stereo Times and The Part Time Audiophile. 

Psvane EL34PH’s (replica’s of the original Philips EL34) are currently installed and sound wonderful. Collection only from HG2. Will not courier this amazing amp - just don’t trust couriers. This is a UK only sale. The price is £10,000.00, which is 1/3rd current RRP/£10,000. Current RRP for the MK11 Overture @ Blues Audio is £30,000. @ psaudio is €33,400. Payment by Bank transfer. Serious enquiries only please and by PM. 

Many thanks for looking. 

01325154-D5D7-4509-99F2-97C2942315BD.jpeg

F0573276-EA89-49BF-B7B9-CE60CC411FBF.jpeg

Edited by marko
  • Like 2

Super Wammer

A802ECBB-0E6F-480D-AE74-4BF7BDA6FEC9.jpeg

984F6221-5C73-4AEE-A405-05CFE122484D.jpeg

• Like 1

Super Wammer

B57F7A22-A1A1-456F-A825-5990DD901A1B.jpeg

96BC35E3-5637-462B-BCAA-AFAC78846309.jpeg

Edited by marko
  • Like 2

Super Wammer

44C4803A-2E8E-4F36-BD5F-3C57D636043A.jpeg

F66F6BE0-4BFF-41FD-AB06-7662F6830B23.jpeg

Edited by marko
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

1AA5F039-BA6B-4153-BDF4-7D1C369C22B1.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh Wow, never thought Id see you selling this. GLWTS

Super Wammer

7775FDE0-3313-4F1F-81E5-9586CAC4E144.jpeg

Edited by marko
  • Like 1

:love::notworthy: That is one stunning looking piece of kit. GLWTS.

I have had the pleasure of seeing this in the flesh. When I first observed, I did not want to listen to it right away. The finish of the facia almost captivates you, a slight retro feel but with a modern touch, I wanted to open the packaging ...lifting the lid and seeing inside was when I said to Mark ... how much better is it over the OTO and he just smiled and said fancy a beer. I listened and listened and was so encapsulated with the air this brings. I can only describe this amp as clean and what I mean by that is when you buy a really really good TV and when the blacks are really black this amp is blacker. It just oozes class. I could write on to say how it’s so rich, warm, neutral and talk and talk but I’m guessing by the time i’m finished someone would have bought it. In fact I’m considering popping over.....watching when the car is not there and just plain stealing it ..... GLWTS Mark - One I hope you don’t regret !!! A seriously high quality amplifier!!! 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

84A01D31-246C-4517-8026-79CDC45F186D.jpeg

85A315F6-69FE-4C68-A4D9-C0CC0E594E6C.jpeg

Edited by marko

Super Wammer

DFD696EC-4134-4C84-8A2F-93AF9B5EC5F7.jpeg

73E75C8B-3E0B-4D90-81CA-4DE3E907D82F.jpeg

Edited by marko

Super Wammer

B7099153-AA56-47C5-B829-9503C04D48A6.jpeg

B917DA7D-B7E5-477C-B169-CD1FBCCDE382.jpeg

Edited by marko

Super Wammer

C6F45701-3DC6-4452-A16B-64AAAC49A650.jpeg

BC3305DF-6189-4686-82B7-3BE65108D96D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Thanks Philip.

Only reason I’m selling is I’ve spotted something else. It’s a sideways move, but lovely nonetheless!

M.

• Like 1