Sign in to follow this  
hifinutt

isotek syncro

Ad on hifi for sale for isotek syncro , no connection with seller but these REALLY do work . takes away hash and lifts the sound a great deal . HIGHLY recommended , they are about 1700 new !! this one is 420 

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/moreinfo.php?prod_title=Isotek_Syncro&p=power_cable&prod_id=84113&offset=

Not a power conditioner, or a filter or even a regenerator, the Syncro ‘simply’ realigns the power waveform. Modern day electrics do two bad things to the local mains; they pollute it with RFI (tending to make the sound less ‘free’ and ‘open’) and they create a ‘backwash’ from their AC-DC rectification (which ups the noise floor). What this means in simple terms is where the AC waveform should have zero voltage, it’s displaced slightly (usually about a volt or so), and this displacement is constant over the whole AC cycle. How this manifests in audio terms is low-level mechanical hum (sometimes not so low-level; some valve amps designed and tested under ideal conditions end up with transformers audibly buzzing in the real world), which can translate into microphony… and therefore increased noise. Filters and conditioners tend to treat the RFI problems, but – short of a heavy, expensive regenerator – there hasn’t been much to knock out the ‘DC on the mains’ problem. And – as switch mode PSUs appear on more and more products – this is a problem set to increase.

Syncro knocks out this DC on the mains problem in one fell swoop, by rebalancing the AC sinewave. And it can be no small change, at once making the system capable of playing louder with less hardness and bringing out the low-level details. This is because it seemed to be better at leading edge attack, but not in an overtly aggressive manner. I have an old and modded HP Pavilion PC that is a perfect test-bed for this; whenever I power it up anywhere in the house, even the sound of my Tivoli DAB clock radio takes a nose-dive, and the big system takes on a raspy edge that is not normally apparent. Plug the Syncro in front of the system and suddenly it’s restored to good form even while others are amending their Facebook Wall on the leaky switch-mode PSU of doom.

• Like 1

What does "rebalancing the AC sinewave" actually mean and how does the Syncro achieve this. A regenerator will take the incoming AC and convert it to DC and then re-convert it to AC with a true sinewave via an inverter, So if the Sycro is not a regenerator then is it just a DC blocker?

yes i think its just a DC blocker but very effective upgrade , i have had 4 of them over the years . there is one on ebay at 699 at the moment 

done several tweaks this month . some have stayed and some gone , this one stayed   

Edited by hifinutt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

yes i think its just a DC blocker but very effective upgrade , i have had 4 of them over the years . there is one on ebay at 699 at the moment 

done several tweaks this month . some have stayed and some gone , this one stayed   

https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

DC Blocker £95 so what's so different with the Syncro that makes them £1700

2 hours ago, mr.me said:

https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

well yes you are right there , but it comes with heavy duty furutech connections that cost a fair bit and cable 

2 hours ago, deggie said:

They look interesting ....:)

will bring mine over any time to play with :D 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

well yes you are right there , but it comes with heavy duty furutech connections that cost a fair bit and cable 

Ha Ha! :nuts:

another thing with the syncro , i think you can use it with their mains conditioners like the sigmas to give Dc blocking and further improve the mains conditioning 

54 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

another thing with the syncro , i think you can use it with their mains conditioners like the sigmas to give Dc blocking and further improve the mains conditioning 

Ad on hifi for sale for isotek syncro , no connection with seller but these REALLY do work . takes away hash and lifts the sound a great deal . HIGHLY recommended , they are about 1700 new !! this one is 420 

The DC blocking won't do a damn thing unless you have DC on your mains supply so how a Syncro can improve the sound from your system is a mystery, unless you have DC on the supply.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr.me said:

As far as I can tell from the circuit diagram.  It will short out any voltages across resistor R1, that exceeds the forward voltage drop of two diodes on the bridge rectifier and three diodes in the six diode circuit.  The effect will only be notable if the load current is high enough to make it work.  Without the value of R1, it's effect can't be gauged.

1 hour ago, mr.me said:

The DC blocking won't do a damn thing unless you have DC on your mains supply so how a Syncro can improve the sound from your system is a mystery, unless you have DC on the supply.

Well it must do something because I took it out for one day and it went straight back!! It just seems to give a greater clarity to the sound,  more pure with less hash . Vocals are clearer . Actually it's been in the cupboard and I nearly did not bother to put it in but I certainly does work . Not sure if I have dc but I do know it's an attic room at least 60 foot from the fuse board up 3 floors !! 

• Confused 1

The IsoTek Synco made a positive effect on my system too. I audition a lot of audio upgrade equipment, most don't do enough for the price to gain a full-time place in my system, but the IsoTek Syncro did. Indeed I was so impressed, I upgraded to the Syncro Special Edition.

I use the Syncro to feed my IsoTek Evo3 Titan which in turn powers my hi-fi power amp, home cinema receiver, subwoofer, FM tuner, TV and PlayStation 4 console. With the Syncro in place all of those components perform better. With regards to the power amp, it sounds cleaner, sweeter, less harsh, a little  bit more natural with increased presence - but the biggest improvement is to the bass which sounds considerably deeper, snappier and more solid. A friend of mine was so impressed with what the Syncro brought to my system that he went and purchased two, one for each of his monoblocks.

On 10/09/2020 at 14:01, mr.me said:

The Syncro SE includes 2 metres of silver plated OCC (ohno continuous cast) copper conductors with square shaped strands to maximise conductivity, the cylinder housing the electronics is high grade aluminium (to better shield against RFI), all internal wiring is also silver plated OCC copper, and the plugs are Furutech. Those are high quality and expensive materials. The OCC copper (regarded as the finest copper in the world), in particular, I believe, is manufactured in only one factory in the world, has an incredibly long waiting list and is subsequently very expensive.

Could IsoTek sell the Syncro for a lot less and still make a tidy profit? Almost certainly. Everything in high-end audio is overpriced. But some devices make improvements that cannot be duplicated with cheaper/inferior devices or DIY builds. 

Edited by Zen Monkey
  • Like 1

agreed , always tweaking the system . most don`t stay . the syncro so far has . it really lowers the noise floor on my very humble amp . impressive but rediculously expensive new 

Here's an alternative to the Syncro. It's a pre-owned DC blocker from MCRU. I'm not the seller, and I have no idea how it compares to the Syncro but it's a lot cheaper and might be of interest to some: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MCRU-Ultimate-In-Line-DC-Blocker-Uprated-Furutech-FI-28-IEC/383770577971?hash=item595a824c33:g:fsIAAOSwlBVfjI83

Here's the official info on the product: https://www.mcru.co.uk/product/the-mcru-dc-blocker/

:)