Ed Howarth

Rip audio Bluray

Just for a giggle I thought it would be fun to buy a handful of Yes albums on Bluray. You get the Steven Wilson remix on a CD and a Bluray containing a load of other stuff including a 24 bit version of the CD. It would be fun to compare and I'm a sucker when it comes to Yes.

In my ignorance I thought the 24 bit audio would be as a flac in a folder. Hah! I was wrong. Also dbpoweramp which I use for ripping CDs can't oblige. I have a Bluray drive on my laptop and just want to rip the audio to a flac so I can stick it on my hard disk and stream it with all my other stuff.

I can't find a free ripper (free to download, yes, but only trial to use versions). I'm surprised that there isn't loads of free stuff out there. Can anyone assist, please. Windows 10 by the way.

Super Wammer

Hi Ed

Sorry I have never done this before and one of the issues is that most commercial Blu Ray discs have copy protection on them so you are not able to cut out the audio files.

The process is discussed and seems to detailed on this thread but there are also other threads on this site that will perhaps have more detail .

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ripping-blu-ray-audio.884008/

• Upvote 1

I use MakeMKV to create a "backup" on my Mac, this removes the copy protection. I then use DVD Audio Extractor to pull the tracks off in FLAC.

1 hour ago, Warszawa said:

I use MakeMKV to create a "backup" on my Mac, this removes the copy protection. I then use DVD Audio Extractor to pull the tracks off in FLAC.

That's the way I'm trying atm, but I've got waylaid making sausages. (As in creating them from first principles - and, yes, the kitchen is in a bit of a state!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

But how do the sausages taste ?

5 minutes ago, bencat said:

But how do the sausages taste ?

With great difficulty - they don't have taste buds :whistle:

• Like 1

Super Wammer
19 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

With great difficulty - they don't have taste buds :whistle:

Why have you measured that ? Have you conducted fully blind testing ? if not then you findings are flawed .

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bencat said:

Why have you measured that ? Have you conducted fully blind testing ? if not then you findings are flawed .

I did plenty of testing but I ate the results...

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Last time I was in Ibiza with family who live there I was invited to a local pig slaughter . As with many rural peoples every last thing from the pig is used and at the end they made the local sausage Sobrasada . Nothing that went in was measured , no real recipe was used just lots of fresh ingredients and care and blood and pimenton and saffron .

I was very lucky that a visitor from the island to Liverpool has brought me four rings which are now just about ready to eat . The first went this morning and the taste was sublime , sadly i do not see the other three lasting that long .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sausages are wonderful, ta. Four and a half kilos, some done with certain herbs, some done with garlic and herbs, some with pepper and herbs, etc etc. All made, vacuum packed and ready for sale. And then realise we had no idea of which is which.... Answer is to list just everything on every label.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I've done this , not got me sausages mixed up but ripped Bluray discs , can't remember how I did it , my daughters laptop has a bluray drive so I'll take on look on it and see if I downloaded some software .