Ed Howarth

Rip audio Bluray

I've cracked the Bluray (he said confidently). Quite good fun once you get the hang of it, but took a fair bit, and I wouldn't like to do a few hundred. Used MakeMKV and DVD extractor. That actually is the easy bit....  The hard bit is working out which of the 9 versions on the disk are the one/s you want. I started with Fragile. There's the original recording, the 2002 remaster, the 2015 Steven Wilson Remix (yay), an original vinyl copy, a 5.1 version of the 2002 remaster and a 5.1 version of the 2015 remix. Plus some rehearsal takes for the real geeks - some of which have been remixed by SW. Oh and an instrumental version (presumably for karaoke:td:)  When you get it ripped, it just calls each thing Title 1, Title 2, Title 3, etc. Really isn't easy to work out which is which. 

I just have to do the other 4 albums now.

• Upvote 1

IIRC you look for the 2 channel PCM ones with the high bitrate but as for different masters and mixes in the same format, yeah, you're playing blind there.

Yup.I was lucky with Fragile because most of the album versions had different number of tracks so I could work out which was which from the liner notes. But I'm now ripping Close to the Edge and there's only 3 tracks so a bit more tricky. But working it out.