Jump to content

WANTED: IsoAcousticsGAIA III (3) isolation feet


Recommended Posts

On 27/11/2020 at 21:27, Nopiano said:

You can have the logos front or back, they should be easier to level,  im giving it a try next week :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2020 at 20:22, Paulssurround said:

My observation about vibration control devices is that it is a hit or miss proposition. I have tried vibration control devices with engineered vibration racks such as Quadraspires and it did not necessarily give an improvement in sound quality. That is until I got the Isoacoustic products.  Absolutely I would suggest to try them out individually and see if they make an improvement.

‘Placed under some components vibration control devices can be a stellar experience, and under other components makes little to no difference.

‘Having installed quite a few ISO Pucks and ISO Puck Mini’s, a Stage 1 Platform, Gaia II’s, as well as a set of Oreas, in my system. They have all been transformative in my system, bringing it to a new level of sound quality I did not know was possible. I am confident that they will outperform the Quadraspires, but would encourage you to try them first in your system.

‘The Isoacoustic products all need several hours to settle in with the weight of the components or speakers on top of them. They all seem to provide an immediate improvement, but that they become even better over the next several hours, as they settle in.

I hope that helps    😊

I got a big improvement when I tried with Entreq ES pads that I borrowed from a friend under my Exaktbox-I, much because I had my electronics on a bad surface, a string shelf. Anyway, it made me think regarding vibrations, I think one of the absolute best tweaks is to get a proper bench, I bought myself a Quadraspire Svt. The magic of Entreq feet almost disappeared when I bought the bench.  Later I will still try with Iso pucks but it is a bit away, it will be fun to hear if there will be an improvement @paulsurround :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also took advantage of the AudioT offer and fitted the Gaia 3's to my speakers last night. 

I took my time fitting them, so making a quick comparison is not so easy but after a late night session and a hour this afternoon I am very pleased. 

I won't be taking them off anytime soon!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile I watched a YouTube video featuring speakers with Gaias vs spikes, but so far the only result is my ordering of four of the albums used in the demo. 

The video revealed a big difference, but I'm puzzled about what I heard. While there were more "audiophile merits" in the Gaias, at the same time the coherence in the music appeared to me somewhat compromised. I heard more space around each instrument, but less interaction between the musicians. The effect reminded me of getting the absolute phase right or wrong. But this may also be attributed to my listening via headphones? I only used headphones on airplanes in the old days before Corona, when clients did not believe that remote work is more effective, so I'm not used to it. ;-)

@Paulssurround mentioned, that the Gaias need to settle-in for some time. May this have spoiled the outcome of the A/B tests, and led to my observation?

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Meanwhile I watched a YouTube video featuring speakers with Gaias vs spikes, but so far the only result is my ordering of four of the albums used in the demo. 

The video revealed a big difference, but I'm puzzled about what I heard. While there were more "audiophile merits" in the Gaias, at the same time the coherence in the music appeared to me somewhat compromised. I heard more space around each instrument, but less interaction between the musicians. The effect reminded me of getting the absolute phase right or wrong. But this may also be attributed to my listening via headphones? I only used headphones on airplanes in the old days before Corona, when clients did not believe that remote work is more effective, so I'm not used to it. ;-)

@Paulssurround mentioned, that the Gaias need to settle-in for some time. May this have spoiled the outcome of the A/B tests, and led to my observation?

I am not sure how well you can extrapolate from listening to a YouTube video download on headphones, compared to actually placing the Gaia’s underneath speakers and listening to the speakers with music from your actual stereo at home.

I have found an exceptional improvement with the interaction between musicians, with the Gaia’s in place, and even more so with the addition of ISO Pucks/Oreas and Gaia’s.

‘The reports I get from friends that have both LP-12’s and digital streaming find a wonderful improvement with the Gaia’s attached to their speakers. My personal experience has been stellar, to the point that I went on a buying spree the last week or so buying more Isoacoustic products.

‘I noticed an immediate improvement in sound quality with the installation of the Gaia’s, ISO Pucks and Oreas, but was very surprised how much better everything got after several hours.

Edited by Paulssurround
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I now have my Gaia 2s installed under my speakers, still to early to conclude anything but thing's sound immediately tighter, bass is punchier, better clarity.

I've should finish redoing my SO setup this morning (it takes me just over a day to redo it from the ground up), once I have I can get on with some proper critical listening.

I had another thought on the pucks under other devices, I'm still quite dubious about any improvement but I did wonder why the amps on the Aktiv Akubariks are dampened...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

The video revealed a big difference, but I'm puzzled about what I heard. While there were more "audiophile merits" in the Gaias, at the same time the coherence in the music appeared to me somewhat compromised. I heard more space around each instrument, but less interaction between the musicians.

Certainly a big difference. Is it better? Hmmm, debatable. My observations certainly mirror yours. I do like the Ronnie Earl album, though.

’troll

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phobic said:

I had another thought on the pucks under other devices, I'm still quite dubious about any improvement but I did wonder why the amps on the Aktiv Akubariks are dampened...

In the Akubarik case the vibration levels from the cabinet can/will be quite high compared the the levels a free-standing amp will be exposed to. No harm in mitigation of the separate electronic boxes vibration levels but likely not as necessary as for the speaker mounted electronics.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HansBertil said:

In the Akubarik case the vibration levels from the cabinet can/will be quite high compared the the levels a free-standing amp will be exposed to. No harm in mitigation of the separate electronic boxes vibration levels but likely not as necessary as for the speaker mounted electronics.

I know, my point is it's the same mechanism which is being treated, the question is how big do the vibrations need to be to warrant treating them.

what can your ears actually detect 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Phobic said:

I know, my point is it's the same mechanism which is being treated, the question is how big do the vibrations need to be to warrant treating them.

what can your ears actually detect 

Ahh, ok. I misinterpreted your post slightly then. Your question is highly relevant. The answer is simple: only you can decide. Sorry.
 

The reason for addressing the issue in the Akubarik design is that the problem is obviously apparent for the engineers. In the separate box case the impact of the problem really depends on a lot of factors as placement in the room (if even in the room), furniture, etc. and likely of less magnitude. The conclusion from an engineering standpoint is that the feet provided in the design will do the job. Of course I’m only guessing here. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/11/2020 at 16:40, Paulssurround said:

Yes, very important point, and that is essential for Linn speakers.

‘The Isoacoustic Gaia’s come with a set of connecting bolts in common sizes, but not the M12 1.25 needed for Linn speakers.

These bolts replace the Linn spikes, and must thread into the spike threads on one side and the Gaia’s on the other

Does anyone know where to buy these M12 1.25 adaptors online in Germany or UK with a short delivery time, seems that they are sold out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weinconsi said:

Does anyone know where to buy these M12 1.25 adaptors online in Germany or UK with a short delivery time, seems that they are sold out...

https://www.cma.audio/en/categories/loudspeaker/speaker-stands/hifi-monitor-stands/isoacoustics-thread-adapter-gaia-ii-iii-m12-1.25

you might be better to have a search for "M12 1.25 adapter isoacoustics", should get a few choices back that way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, weinconsi said:

Does anyone know where to buy these M12 1.25 adaptors online in Germany or UK with a short delivery time, seems that they are sold out...

Hi Weinconsi,

I contacted Isoacoustics directly:

email: info@isoacoustics.com and request a set for your Akubariks

Put your email to the attention of Paul Morrison, Sales and Marketing Director, and it will be passed on to their distributor in Quebec

You can also phone them, as it is a 6 hour time difference for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...