Linn Records on Qobuz

3 hours ago, Mozart said:

Claire Martin’s When Lights are Low and the Wilson Symphonies are now available to stream on Qobuz.  Perhaps more to follow?

Good spot!  They promised, didn’t they?

The Wilson Symphony is an excellent recording in 24/96.

• 1 month later...

Just resurrecting this thread because I was looking for recordings conducted by Robin Ticciati, who has recorded a number of albums for Linn (as well as others).  There are only a handful on Qobuz to my disappointment, but my trial of Tidal showed most of the Linn releases.  
The Qobuz deal hasn’t progressed much it seems, or maybe I’ve missed something?

• 6 months later...

Looking for the Koffler Goldberg Variations (Pinnock) that Linn constantly use on the display of the NGKDSM -

Available on Deezer and Spotify (yikes) and Apple. No Qobuz. :|

It's probably a licensing/contract issue for the Artist and/or Linn.
Same reason as not all an artists albums are available on all streaming sites.
In some cases not all tracks from an album are available via streaming, or whole albums get removed.

As it happens, I’ve chased this up at senior level in both Linn and Qobuz very recently. They both insist it is coming, neither giving much away as to the reasons for the delay - now nearly a year since the joint event where it was announced.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2021 at 15:10, uk030 said:

Looking for the Koffler Goldberg Variations (Pinnock) that Linn constantly use on the display of the NGKDSM -

Available on Deezer and Spotify (yikes) and Apple. No Qobuz. :|

It’s available on Qobuz now. 

Is anyone seeing anything but 16bit? I'm not. So far I've just tried random artists - Blue Nile, Claire Martin and Barb Jungr - but nothing is showing as HD.

31 minutes ago, Dasher said:

Is anyone seeing anything but 16bit? I'm not. So far I've just tried random artists - Blue Nile, Claire Martin and Barb Jungr - but nothing is showing as HD.

I’ve just played Claire Martin “Believin’ It” in 24/96

I found it easier to search for “Linn Records” in the Qobuz download store, rather than try to search from the Linn App.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I’ve just played Claire Martin “Believin’ It” in 24/96

I found it easier to search for “Linn Records” in the Qobuz download store, rather than try to search from the Linn App.

’troll

Thanks 'troll - interesting. I've got Martin Taylor on now  - but can only find  16 bit  offerings  via  the Linn app.

Having said that - I  am streaming 'Reunion' with Stephane  Grappelli  - and my only copy is on cassette (at least there are no scratches on mine - and my Nak is not bad either). It's a  good listen on Qobuz though.

Edited by Dasher

6 hours ago, Dasher said:

Thanks 'troll - interesting. I've got Martin Taylor on now  - but can only find  16 bit  offerings  via  the Linn app.

Having said that - I  am streaming 'Reunion' with Stephane  Grappelli  - and my only copy is on cassette (at least there are no scratches on mine - and my Nak is not bad either). It's a  good listen on Qobuz though.

‘Change of Heart’ is the only 24/96 of Martin’s that I can see. There are 224 (24 bit 44.1 - 96k) Hi-Res Linn albums listed in the Download Store, so, I presume, are available to stream.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
correction of number available