radiant red

Audiomods Classic 3 to Series 6. Now with The Bigbottle 3 phonostage added

Super Wammer

AudioMods tonearms are quite something and when you buy them, they have a lifetime guarantee. In addition, you always have the option of the upgrade path throughout the range. 
My favourite tonearm has generally been the Audio Origami PU7 and J who builds them is a true gent but the costs of that arm are now in access of £2300 which some may say is cheap compared to the likes of Graham and SME but everything in proportion, there are some things that take some beating at a given price. Anyway, last year I took the punt on the new Audiomods Classic 3 arm on my Thorens and I was quite literally shocked at how good it was, a great balance and partnership with the deck. They both play off one another where the Thorens has a slightly laid back approach, the arm is dynamic and has a very taught bass line and will show you what your cartridge is capable of, literally.

EAA14776-71CD-4022-940E-D33DF94D5150.thumb.jpeg.c0f7f2e505d1cc6586b24c74f4265ab9.jpeg

A Fantastic arm, worth every penny. 

Anyway, I took advantage of Jeff at Audiomods upgrade path and paid the difference between the classic 3 and the series 6 arm. Basically arm goes back and gets rebuilt to the latest generation top model. E6744C83-1DB7-4FA1-A686-B5BBAE092A23.thumb.jpeg.2a5ad5d379f2be56d0e5fb4d527ee48c.jpeg

Well, it’s back, after a bit of a wait but god! Worth it! How it extracts the detail is amazing. Everything I had but more. Bass is deeper, imagery has improved and the 3D. soundstage has improved. To say I’m impressed is an understatement. I’d consider this arm to be close to the PU7 at Less than half the price. 
Jeffs engineering skills and attention to detail are second to none. Seriously top arm and if your in the market for a new arm, do not overlook it or if you have one, upgrade it to this! Probably one of the best upgrades I’ve done and £380! @Idlewithnodrive, you owe yourself this upgrade 👍🏻
CE593547-04E4-4C37-85EF-0EE701078E21.thumb.jpeg.20d04f1bdc5a71bf1e97a27d44545372.jpeg

7BD999B0-06EC-4773-BEF9-4B07B7B62E22.thumb.jpeg.ae9a5804de3addef69182d1a9f2d0a9a.jpeg

Edited by radiant red
  • Like 5

Result ! That looks fab J and matches the deck so well. Really pleased it lives up to your expectations.

Reference upgrade, I may just take a look at that 🤔

• Like 1

Super Wammer
26 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Result ! That looks fab J and matches the deck so well. Really pleased it lives up to your expectations.

Reference upgrade, I may just take a look at that 🤔

I think I will be playing well into the night 

• Like 1

I'm so glad to hear your report on this.

I've just bought a series 6, it looks stunning, but I've yet to hear it I as I need to make a new arm board to use it on my micro seiki DD40 as I can't find one anywhere online - perhaps not too surprising as the deck is now 42 years old.

I'll post something later, as and when I get it up and running...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, PeteT59 said:

I'm so glad to hear your report on this.

I've just bought a series 6, it looks stunning, but I've yet to hear it I as I need to make a new arm board to use it on my micro seiki DD40 as I can't find one anywhere online - perhaps not too surprising as the deck is now 42 years old.

I'll post something later, as and when I get it up and running...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Good choice 👍🏻 

look forward to seeing it in action 

Looks the business!

Glad it has worked out.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, Bigman80 said:

Looks the business!

Glad it has worked out.

BigBottle Tuesday 😜

• Like 1

BigBottle Tuesday
Good grief, there will be no shifting you from the sweet spot!

Hope it all works nicely together. You've been brave taking a punt on am unknown Phonostage, but fortune favours the brave.

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Bigman80 said:

Good grief, there will be no shifting you from the sweet spot!

Hope it all works nicely together. You've been brave taking a punt on am unknown Phonostage, but fortune favours the brave.

Lol

Well because I sold my Luxman amp thinking I needed the funds for something else and then didn’t, the arm and BB hopefully will make up for the loss 🤔

• Like 1

Lol
Well because I sold my Luxman amp thinking I needed the funds for something else and then didn’t, the arm and BB hopefully will make up for the loss
We will find out.......soon.lol

Super Wammer
Just now, Bigman80 said:

We will find out.......soon.lol

I owe @Iceman 16 a pint for the tip-off 😜

• Like 1

I owe @Iceman 16 a pint for the tip-off
You may be cursing him yet lol

Super Wammer
Just now, Bigman80 said:

You may be cursing him yet lol

Nah, genuinely a nice chap.. I think we spent ages exchanging ideas when he got his deck and arm change 

• Like 2

Super Wammer

I’ve tweaked further and finely tuned everything and the arm keeps giving. Very impressive 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Introduction of the Bigbottle 3 phonostage. 
Early indications are very positive 

7D615D72-BF92-4F5D-82C4-EC0412273A3A.jpeg

• Like 5