Carlbkk1

What brands could you NOT live with based on looks?

Super Dealer
6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong on this one. It's a common misconception but it's not true. As I said, I've posted data that we've discussed which disproves it, and obviously all the professional manufacturers of acoustic treatments know this too. I've seen Glen Kuras of GIK Acoustics trying to dispel the same myth of Gearsluts before. Yes bass traps need to be a decent size to do anything beneficial at lower freqencies but it's not at 'bad' as getting to quarter-wavelength size being necessary.

I'm not going to continue this discussion here as I seem to have dragged this thread off-topic without meaning to. I just posted my picture as looking at what I'd made reminded me of this thread :).

GIK passive absorber manufacturer tries to dispel myth that their panels aren’t effective at low frequencies, well that  is a surprise!

‘Sound Reproduction’ by Floyd Toole, it is all there, with no added kool-aid.

Keith

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

GIK passive absorber manufacturer tries to dispel myth that their panels aren’t effective at low frequencies, well that  is a surprise!

‘Sound Reproduction’ by Floyd Toole, it is all there, with no added kool-aid.

Keith

Oh, a purveyor of active DSP solutions is spouting nonsense knocking a highly reputable manufacturer of acoustic treatment, well that is a surprise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Dealer

Quote,

’ I've got three MCRU power supplies, and they all have the pure silver DC cabling upgrade option and the Furutech IEC rhodium socket upgrade. I use them with a Chord 2Qute, Slack Audio Link and EAT e-Glo  Petit phono preamp.‘

If you could try and read and learn then you wouldn’t be so susceptible  to the snake oil salesmen’s BS, ‘Sound Reproduction’ is a really good place to start.

Keith

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, PuritéAudio said:

Quote,

’ I've got three MCRU power supplies, and they all have the pure silver DC cabling upgrade option and the Furutech IEC rhodium socket upgrade. I use them with a Chord 2Qute, Slack Audio Link and EAT e-Glo  Petit phono preamp.‘

If you could try and read and learn then you wouldn’t be so susceptible  to the snake oil salesmen’s BS, ‘Sound Reproduction’ is a really good place to start.

Keith

My opinions about PSUs have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not bass traps sold by highly reputable companies such as GIK are effective. I really don’t like your patronizing attitude.

• Like 2

It's half past ten on a Sunday night guys. Behave and don't make it personal please, or we'll be forced to take action. That goes for everyone.

Super Wammer
20 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Don’t feed trolls.

The problem is that every time MartinC or myself try to discuss bass traps this troll intervenes. We are both familiar with physics, and we have measured and published REW results of how bass traps perform in our rooms. If we try and avoid feeding the troll, it pretty much shuts down having any sort of normal discussion of bass traps on this site.

Edited by rdale

Just now, rdale said:

The problem is that every time MartinC or myself try discuss bass traps this troll intervenes. We are both familiar with physics, and we have measured and published REW results of how bass traps perform in our rooms. If we try and avoid feeding the troll, it pretty much shuts down having any sort of normal discussion of bass traps on this site.

I just put him on ignore but then members keep quoting him so there is not much point. I’m fed up with it as well. 

Then ignore it. do NOT start making it personal or we will not have any options. That doesn't just go for you, it goes for everyone posting here.

26 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I just put him on ignore but then members keep quoting him so there is not much point. I’m fed up with it as well. 

I have noticed that many if not most thread he posted to always lead or end up in chaos. 

Edited by Iceman 16

"You've chosen to ignore content by PuritéAudio" - I find that this phrase, read repeatedly, becomes almost like a mantra - allowing me to achieve an almost zen like calm in which I can accept the mere physical manifestation of any hifi component irrespective of its aesthetic shortcomings....

• Haha 1

image.png.98f094173a65659e183dbf3f0088456f.png

Having said that, I find this really offensive

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotherSky said:

image.png.98f094173a65659e183dbf3f0088456f.png

Having said that, I find this really offensive

I agree. I know some of it sounds stunning, but sorry, metallic red and gold belongs on Christmas decorations or cheap paper napkins, not uber-priced hifi gear.

Super Wammer

I saw this picture today of two brands I love, but I’m not sure about the colour choice!

BA7C55B2-7B73-4145-8E4E-C7FD1C2E95CB.thumb.jpeg.8223ee387a9393d60a9eabed3bd64643.jpeg

• Like 1