rabski

GL75 thoughts

1 hour ago, DomT said:

We are hearing loud and clear that you have no time but we feel that you just need to be inspired to reprioritise your time. Anyway once it’s up and running it will inspire you hopefully in any event; unless idlers are not for you 😱

I get it Dom, and you may know me well enough to know that I rarely leave anything alone. It really isn't a case of prioritising, and as it is I'm ending up working stupidly late every night just to keep on top of stuff. Family circumsnatnces have substantially changed and it's taking a massive hit in terms of time use. Still, once it's here it won't be going anywhere and one day there'll be more hours in the average day.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, rabski said:

I get it Dom, and you may know me well enough to know that I rarely leave anything alone. It really isn't a case of prioritising, and as it is I'm ending up working stupidly late every night just to keep on top of stuff. Family circumsnatnces have substantially changed and it's taking a massive hit in terms of time use. Still, once it's here it won't be going anywhere and one day there'll be more hours in the average day.

Life is full of surprises and constant change. Had a fair bit of experience there lol.

The old term, save it for a rainy day seems all to common atm 

45 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Life is full of surprises and constant change. Had a fair bit of experience there lol.

The old term, save it for a rainy day seems all to common atm 

I know pal. All too well.

Never mind. The 'rainy day' will come :D

• Like 2

On 25/09/2020 at 16:59, rabski said:

I seem to have acquired a GL75 in what looks like reasonable nick, though without a lid. It has not yet arrived here, but when it does, the thought is to run it for a little while as a second deck.

Bearing in mind that spare time is all but non-existent here, and that this will be 'fun only', I have no wish to spend any significant money or time on it. All I really want to do is pull the platter, clean and lube the bearing, have a wiring tidy and call it a day. Anything to look out for, or any 'matchbox cost' upgrades that might be worthwhile?

New plinths really work, I have stacked birch. The linn basik was a worthwhile improvement too. 

check the trueness of the platter, I once had a non concentric one, also had one which needed trueing with a tapered mandrel (my own little invention) 

packing the underside  of the chassis with mass works, I used lead but bituminous sheet or even blue tac works.

I would service the motor. I’ve had 7-8 75s and they have all run differently. Check the idler wheel, this is an important bit. It should have a sloping ‘blade’ appearance. Look for drying or wear on it. Also check the spring in this is good, pm me if you want to know anymore.👍

Fat Bob, 42kg

308D5696-FCC6-4A74-ADB7-F17F6F0050D8.jpeg

007FACC8-EE93-4384-8326-2FD7FA0C27C3.jpeg

DF48C3A6-0A2A-4D58-873B-F7E8B5BD790E.jpeg

Edited by tackleberry
  • Like 4