tackleberry

What would you do?

So I keep thinking of changing my amp. Itchy feet I guess.

I love the A1000, I looks cool, and has a really sweet sound, and since it’s service, runs perfectly. I don’t get to listen to much gear as I don’t have much time, I see a lots of box swapping on the wam,  not something I really do.

should I just be happy with what I have or should I think about something more suited to the tannoys I have and the cd7 or should I have a change?

Edited by tackleberry

1 minute ago, tackleberry said:

So I keep thinking of changing my amp. Itchy feet I guess.

I love the A1000, I looks cool, and has a really sweet sound, and since it’s service, runs perfectly. I don’t get to listen to much gear As I don’t have much time, I see a lots of box swapping on the wam,  should I just be happy with what I have or should I think about something more suited to the tannoys I have and the cd7 or should I have a change?

If your happy..stay with what you have..grass isnt greener on the other side...its just different..whatever you get someone will probably be negative about your choice! I have been swapping bits of kit for ages and im now back at where i started!  strangely my original kit is the sound I have been after for years! Duh...🙃

• Like 2

Keep the amp and enjoy it. Sound like it hits the sweet spot. 

What do you mean more suited to the tannoys? Do you miss anything? You say it has a sweet sound, no?

I suppose lock down has had me thinking is it time for a change really.

the set up sounds great! If I’m honest I think other rather fickle factors like looks and bells and whistles are getting my taste buds going. 

But when I look at some of the gear that people go through in a year, I Wouldn’t have time for that kind of ‘research’, nor would I like to have gotten rid of something to buy something else and regret it.

If you've had it less than 20 years then stick with it and enjoy the music.

All this box swapping is not a good idea.

Edited by StingRay
  • Upvote 1

I loved my A1000 when had it (for over 15years) ......if still had it I’d get it tweaked my Mr Samson by all accounts it takes it to another level Craig.

Stay with it. Box swapping is a cruel, unforgiving master.

Super Wammer

No use asking me - I have been using the same amp for the last 40 years or more (even bought two more so I could ensure I had sufficient spares to keep one going) .. I still hanker after a new amp but not plugged anything in that gave me sufficiently more to warrant the additional cost.

If it sounds great to your ears then why change?

I’ll stick with it I think. Though I’m curious to hear the difference with the JS mod, as it’s the same cost as the actual amp.i have spoken to john before about it.🧐🧐

Edited by tackleberry