graham67

Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets - Live At The Roundhouse

There are a series of vids of a concert by the guys including a guest appearance of a certain Roger Waters playing  and singing Saucerful of Secrets. Quite good!!!;)

I saw Saucerful of Secrets in Glasgow, last year I think - Time seems to have lost its meaning lately :D  Anyway, we were waiting for things to start and one of the roadies was setting up the drum kit, and as he was tapping each drum everything seemed so flat and uninteresting. Mono-noted, if that's an expression. I was a long way back so couldn't see the kit, but I suspected right off that it was an electronic drum kit, and without an awful lot of character. I've never been so aware of that fact at any other gig. And when Nick played it was......well, not very interesting. The rest of the music was great - no doubt about that - but I was left a bit disappointed in the guy who was, in his day, such an important and talented drummer.

Maybe the DVD was recorded on a better night? 

Just ordered the vinyl. I should have been seeing it live earlier this year, then it was postponed thanks to the current s**t, now it's been postponed again. Sigh...

hmm I really enjoyed this.

can't say I even noticed it being an electronic drum kit :$

to be honest I was just listening to it as a great piece of music, some great tracks on there.

will have to listen to the drums more consciously on my 2nd listen

I got to see the film earlier on in the year, it was very good.