Sign in to follow this  
Ceko

Line Magnetic

I’m quite surprised there’s so little about Line Magnetic around here! Is that because it’s a Chinese brand?

I own a LM CD player now and I’m pretty stoked! It’s rock solid. It has nothing but high grade parts, sounds brilliant with its tube section and it looks awesome too if you ask me.

C7EEEEE4-317B-40B7-B6E4-61ADF7540E85.thumb.jpeg.3705623f81887575ce8d4d47e4c052cb.jpeg

At the dealer where I picked it up, there was this setup with nothing but LM amps... man that sounded like nothing I’ve heard before! Next week or so I’m heading back to pick up their mini amp just to dip my toe into the tubed amp world a bit. Totally love it.

791ECE1C-050E-4C89-9227-3FF852772FB7.jpeg.44b201b151ca65a012c81dda5e68e1d3.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ve just got hold of the LM805ia. It’s a very very good amplifier. Unfortunately, LM is expensive in Europe. In South East Asia it’s a lot cheaper, even when it’s been upgraded (caps, resistors etc).

Tube roll it and it takes you to another level of satisfaction.

The LM805ia weighs in at 42 kgs.

Edited by tIANcI

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, Ceko said:

I’m quite surprised there’s so little about Line Magnetic around here! Is that because it’s a Chinese brand?

I own a LM CD player now and I’m pretty stoked! It’s rock solid. It has nothing but high grade parts, sounds brilliant with its tube section and it looks awesome too if you ask me.

C7EEEEE4-317B-40B7-B6E4-61ADF7540E85.thumb.jpeg.3705623f81887575ce8d4d47e4c052cb.jpeg

At the dealer where I picked it up, there was this setup with nothing but LM amps... man that sounded like nothing I’ve heard before! Next week or so I’m heading back to pick up their mini amp just to dip my toe into the tubed amp world a bit. Totally love it.

791ECE1C-050E-4C89-9227-3FF852772FB7.jpeg.44b201b151ca65a012c81dda5e68e1d3.jpeg

That looks a nice little amp - it should go great with your Heresys. I use a Glow Amp One with a pair of Klipsch RP-600Ms, which is a single ended EL84 amp too. The main problem with both amps is that they only have a single pair of RCA inputs - I use a Tisbury passive pre to switch inputs with mine.

Historically, a lack of UK importer probably has a lot to do with a lack of sales, the situation may change now that Valhifi have taken on that role.

I regularly listen to Speedracer's LM5181A and a very fine sounding amp it is.

yes i noticed their ads in hi fi news , interesting speakers from lu kang also sold [ look like an-e] 

the birmigham hi fi show 2 years ago [ at symphony hall] had a whole room full of line magnetic and their speakers and amps . just fantastic 

• Like 1

If mentioning Line Magnetic Audio we have to begin with its creator Mr Zheng Cai. Zheng Cai, born in Jilin province, love radio, smart and studious, he graduated from the Beijing Broadcasting Institute. After graduation, he worked at Dunhua radio plant and become Chief engineer after two years of work. Between 1984 and 1991 he served as chief engineer of Changchun radio factory which is a well-know company at that time. In the spare time Zheng keeps his hobby on electronics and he found that at that time in China there is no HIFI tube amplifiers yet. Therefore he planned to go to Guangdong together with his younger brother Zheng Xi where the HIFI industry has a very good background affected by HK. Zheng realized that in China as for HiFi vacuum tube amplifier production it is almost blank especially about the audio transformer which is the most important part for tube amplifiers. Realizing such an issue Zheng Brothers decided to do research and investigation specially on such subjects vacuum tube amplifiers and its audio transformers. From its start Zheng brothers have spent around 2 years succeeding in researching and developing the high end audio transformers. Good thing is they succeed but at the same time in order to do research they almost spent all their money. They are at a very difficult situation that how to move on. How to use the technology and have it produced. Just at the time Cayin, the first vacuum tube amplifier manufacturer in mainland China needs the technology for production of their own products. It is such an opportunity that Zheng was invited to join Cayin in 1993, when he was one of the shareholders of Cayin. He also works as General manager and chief engineer in Cayin at the very start up time.

In 1995, it was the time of Cayin got its reputation in China and worldwide.However with development of two years Zheng and the other shareholders have some disagreement that Zheng suggests to develop the very high-end of amplifiers. Finally Zheng left Cayin and begin his long time working in different companies. First Caier Factory established together wit his friend. At the very beginning the factory is located in Zhuhai and later to Zhongshan for a better sourcing network. In 2001 he worked in Panyu as a co-founder of large audio company. A year later, from 2002 to 2004 he works in a Guangzhou Factory which is working on OEM production only. Zheng is in charge of research and product development there including tube amplifier, CD players and solid state amplifiers. Working in different companies Zheng has got an experience on different areas. It gave him a possibility to know and understand HIEND products from the western company. In his spare time Zheng helps audiophiles repair the WE traditional products. It is at such time that Zheng has got more and more knowledge about the WE products and it is great pleaure for him and the audiophile to see the Old devices of WE got their lives again. It is restore the glory of the past.

It is this period time that make Zheng more and more experienced on development and designing of HIEND products. He has got chances to touch not only the modern products but also some vintage products like the horn system, drivers, vintage amplifier etc. He has learned a lot from this experience. Later on he always said it is a period for progress for himself even he does not work at a factory or a business for a long time. It has also give a solid foundation of the establishment of the Line Magnetic Audio Company in 2005.

https://www.line-magnetic.eu/en/brand-line-magnetic-eu

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, rdale said:

That looks a nice little amp - it should go great with your Heresys. I use a Glow Amp One with a pair of Klipsch RP-600Ms, which is a single ended EL84 amp too. The main problem with both amps is that they only have a single pair of RCA inputs - I use a Tisbury passive pre to switch inputs with mine.

True, but I'll use it as a headphone amp mainly. The Moonriver sounds pretty awesome itself but it doesn't have a headphone stage ;-) It can't hurt to connect the Heresy's sometime though!

3 hours ago, hifinutt said:

yes i noticed their ads in hi fi news , interesting speakers from lu kang also sold [ look like an-e] 

LuKang speakers are interesting. Very nice mids and highs but I felt they lack bass. This is across the whole range. They are slightly expensive too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hifinutt said:

the birmigham hi fi show 2 years ago [ at symphony hall] had a whole room full of line magnetic and their speakers and amps . just fantastic 

Line Magnetic 812 speakers. 14,570 !

Driven by McIntosh MA252 Hybrid amp.

As source the Line Magnetic 215CD

LM-1440x720-812.jpg

Articles
- Magazine Haute-Fidélité N°223 - February-March 2017 - Banc d'essai (6 pages) : "Line Magnetic LM-812 Iconic, Magnétisme sonore".
Read the article in PDF.
- Magazine Haute-Fidélité N°222 - January 2017 - Présentation des écoutes lors du salon Haute Fidélité de November 2016.
Read the article in PDF.

Following the renowned Altec Lansing Iconic design, this 2-way speakers system provides exceptional sound quality. The bass speaker with a diameter of 46 cm makes it possible to reproduce the low frequencies of an exceptional transparency.

Inspired by the famous JENSEN222 coaxial speaker, this monitor delivers unparalleled musicality and an extremely faithful stereo image. The use of the coaxial (with a 6-cell horn) greatly facilitates the positioning of the speakers in the listening room, knowing that the listening distance can be relatively low (about 2m50).

The use of the coaxial driver (with a 6-cell horn) greatly facilitates the positioning of the speakers in the listening room, knowing that the listening distance can be relatively small (about 2m50). Finally the outstanding performance of 102dB under 8 Ohms makes them totally compatible with all kinds of amplifications.

LM-720x720-812-inside.jpg

Highlights
- Musical qualities
- High Performance

Specifications
Frequency response: 37Hz à 20KHz
Input sensitivity: 102dB
Power: 40W
Impedance: 8Ω
2x Screw terminals compatible with banana plugs

Speaker: LM-808
Woofer diameter: 46 cm